Constantly Pulling Up Public Wifi Login Pages

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else noticed that OS 4.1 likes to constantly bring up public Wifi login pages even when you do not ask to be attached to that wifi network? It's EXTREMELY annoying, and even when I cancel it, it will bring up the page again seconds later. Very annoying downtown.

bbaggins

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not a huge issue here in our rural community but it does happen. Maybe a future update could include a feature whereby one could switch off "WiFi availability" if they wished.

Dennis

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Just go to settings>>wifi>> and turn ask to join networks "off"

I may be wrong but I believe that only works for discovery mode where ur phone searches for a wifi network. The op was talking about the log in page in the browser and I think his intent was to keep wifi on and at the same time not get the wifi log in page all the time. I could be wrong.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I find the wifi on the iPhone 4 to be less consistent than the 3GS. The singal varies wildly from full bars to dropping to 3G and then back to wifi again. That may be what's causing some of your multiple login issues.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If the OP is speaking of the message to join networks then my previous post will work. Your phone will only join known networks and not pop up any messages.

If he/she is talking about logging in in safari then there is no setting to fix that.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too. My iPhone was constantly asking if I wanted to join wi-fi networks if I was in an area where one was available, which is annoying when I am at work and surrounded by locked wi-fi networks from the stores around me. And it didn't just ask once, but every single time I tried to go online on my phone. I changed the "ask to join networks" setting to off and that fixed the issue. Now it automatically connects to my home network when I am at home and leaves me alone when I am out and about

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is what I am talking about, it pulls up a window over whatever I'm doing regardless of where I am, showing a login page. The same way it would if I had asked to join a public wifi network which requires a login, but I have NOT asked to join the network. It never did this before unless I selected the network from the popup list, but now it does it regardless.

I *like* the "Ask To Join Networks" feature. I *don't* like it trying to force me to sign in to a network I didn't ask to join.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2