Purchase: Apple Store vs ATT

tportnay

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to take the leap to a new iphone

Is there any benefit from purchasing the iPhone from ATT vs Apple Store?

Both are close and I could purchase from either -- which is the best place to purchase from?

TIA

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
well, call and make sure they have stock first and go to the one that does.

barring that i'd say att store. they can make sure you get your account set up correctly and insure your visual voice mail is provioned correctly before you leave, especially if you are porting a number over.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with ducky. There is no price benefit for going to one vs. the other and you aren't going to find a better "deal" at one place or the other. I would also suggest ATT if they have it in stock so that when you leave everything is properly set up to your account and it's ready for you to play with! Have fun with it!

Just out of curiosity, which phone are you abandoning?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Bought first 2 at AT&T store, 3GS and 4 at Apple store...i actually found the Apple store experience to be quicker and less fuss, they also didnt try to upsale the minute plans and stuff, which the AT&T store seemed to constantly try and do (for obvious reasons). The Apple store also had alot of stuff to check out and play with while you wait, where as the AT&T store just has a bunch of phones you dont care about and like 3 cases for your phone to choose from.

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from the Apple Store because I knew they would set it up right and answer all my questions. It came down to knowledge and I felt the employees at the Apple store would be able to help me out more. I have purchased other phones from carriers and your usually stuck with a sales person that doesn't know much about the phone your purchasing and can't answer questions you have.

I was very impressed with the Apple Store with how quickly they got my phone set-up for me and also tranferring all my contacts over from my Palm phone. That's my two cents.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how neither AT&T or the Apple Store here had any in stock I ordered mine through the AT&T Premier site. Had it in 2 days. Heading to the Apple Store today for a warranty replacement, I've got a dead pixel on the screen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Call and make sure each has the one you want. I got my first 2 at AT&T and iP4 at Best Buy. If you want to be able to move around I would go to AT&T because every Apple store I've ever been too is mobbed and annoying.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from an AT&T store where my husband used to work and my friends still work. It was a surprise birthday gift from my husband, and he had called and had it all set up for me. I just had to walk in, pay, sign the contract and I was walking out with my phone up and running in less than 10 minutes. I love the Apple stores, but our closest one is an hour away, always mobbed, and seems to have problems with their handhelds not liking my debit card when I try to pay. For me it was easier to go through AT&T. I say go to whichever place is more convenient for you.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Got mine and my wife's at the Apple Store. Quick and easy. If there's an Apple Store near you, I highly recommend going there.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
After being a manager at AT&T, buying my original iPhone
up to the 3GS from AT&T and then the iPhone 4 from Apple,
I would say that AT&T is better.

Of course they will try and sell you plans you may or may
not need, but that's their job!

Issues can easily be fixed through AT&T right in store. I
noticed this after the wrong line was upgraded and then
activated. I told the girl "NOT TO ACTIVATE EITHER"
device and after blaming AT&T all day for no service
thinking the i4 release was another disaster, I opened the
box to show my boy one of the iPhone and I noticed I
had service.

Yes, it is one experience, but AT&T can access the billing
system and ensure you aren't leaving w/ anything you
didn't agree to.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
If you currently have an unlimited iPhone data package, I suggest you go to AT&T and make sure that you keep it. Some have upgraded their phone and unknowingly lost unlimited data, and there is no way to get it back.

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
If you currently have an unlimited iPhone data package, I suggest you go to AT&T and make sure that you keep it. Some have upgraded their phone and unknowingly lost unlimited data, and there is no way to get it back.
that would suck and settles the debate imho.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77