Just bought an iPhone today...

enriqueftw#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my iphone 4 today, less than 10 hours ago.. and I've used 102MB since i got it....? ( 5 of those hours, i was at home with wifi)

I just checked my usage on my blackberry on verizon and it says i've used 124MB in the last 3 weeks...

Something isint right here....

Does anyone know why so much data is being used?

If this is "normal" I'm gonna have to end up returning it. :/

enriqueftw#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
But still doesnt explain so much data being used, Its not like i've been running pandora all day or watching netflix, I've only downloaded 15 apps, all but 3 where when i was connected to wifi..

Looks like I'm gonna have to return it..

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
But still doesnt explain so much data being used, Its not like i've been running pandora all day or watching netflix, I've only downloaded 15 apps, all but 3 where when i was connected to wifi..

Looks like I'm gonna have to return it..

Looks like it.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you should call AT&T and ask some simple questions.... Just an FYI data used on wifi does not count against your monthly limit.

enriqueftw#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, silly me.

The usage that shows up in settings also shows what was sent and recv'd over wifi right?

So i logged in to AT&T to check my data, says 40MB, which still seems like alot for a few hours, but aslong as it stays under 2 gigs, doesnt matter :p

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, silly me.

The usage that shows up in settings also shows what was sent and recv'd over wifi right?

So i logged in to AT&T to check my data, says 40MB, which still seems like alot for a few hours, but aslong as it stays under 2 gigs, doesnt matter :p

So...are you gonna keep it now??? :D

enriqueftw#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably.

It'll take some getting used to, love my blackberry to death and there are things i will surely miss, but hey, every phone has its advantages and disadvantages, cant have it all! =P

Suppose i've entered the iPhone world now.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Probably.

It'll take some getting used to, love my blackberry to death and there are things i will surely miss, but hey, every phone has its advantages and disadvantages, cant have it all! =P

Suppose i've entered the iPhone world now.

I had a BB Curve for over two years...it's a great phone, but the iPhone 4 utterly blows it away in every respect. Once you get used to the touchscreen interface, you'll never want to go back to a keyboard/trackball again, IMHO.

Welcome to the dark side. :cool:

enriqueftw#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well i actually have a storm, which i prefer out of any non-touchscreen BB i've used and previously had.

I'll miss the simple things.. BB Messenger( Had most of my friends get BB's, most of them just got them recently.. as i'm switching... oops?)

And PUSH email

Pretty annoying not getting emails instantly... I'm a heavy e-mailer.

But besides that all seems good.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
enriqueftw, you can get pMessenger for your iPhone (free or paid - $0.99). It's very similar to BBM but isn't exclusive to just the iPhone. It's a cross platform messenger for iPhone, BB and Android. :D

If you were attached to BBM (like some BB users are...) this may be something you are looking for!

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
+1 to that! I really want to tether but I refuse to downgrade AND then pay them $20 more for data I'm already paying for!

YES! +800! Isn't that the biggest kick in the balls ever? You have unlimited data and can't tether, however, if you choose to let at&t bone you, you can get tethering AFTER paying an extra $20 on top of data and AFTER they cut you off at 2GB. Who has a iPhone and DOESN'T use 2GB? Well, I'm sure there are some but I know my friends and I use data like the internet is going to die tomorrow. I do have wifi, but since I live in a college dorm, the wifi is always slow because of all the users. I can't wait until the iPhone goes onto another carrier so everyone will jump ship and att will be perfect. Don't get me wrong, I have awesome service with att, I haven't had one complaint, however, I can only imagine how much faster it would be after 50% or more of the iphone users left to get a verizon or tmo iphone.

Reactions: Mustang5Oh

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
YES! +800! Isn't that the biggest kick in the balls ever? You have unlimited data and can't tether, however, if you choose to let at&t bone you, you can get tethering AFTER paying an extra $20 on top of data and AFTER they cut you off at 2GB. Who has a iPhone and DOESN'T use 2GB? Well, I'm sure there are some but I know my friends and I use data like the internet is going to die tomorrow. I do have wifi, but since I live in a college dorm, the wifi is always slow because of all the users. I can't wait until the iPhone goes onto another carrier so everyone will jump ship and att will be perfect. Don't get me wrong, I have awesome service with att, I haven't had one complaint, however, I can only imagine how much faster it would be after 50% or more of the iphone users left to get a verizon or tmo iphone.

haha thats exactly my sentiments. The day the iPhone moves to the evil Verizon or other US carriers is the day AT&T will breath a sigh of relief (network wise). I only have signal issues at home (I live on a military base kinda in a rural area) however I have a 3G Microcell so I'm fine with coverage now. I'll for sure stick with AT&T at least till the end of my contract. It also blows my mind to think its legal for them to charge $25 for 2GB (not my issue really) and THEN charge $20 MORE to tether using that 2GB of data you ALREADY paid for at $25!!! This should be illegal!!!

Reactions: anon(27512)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
haha thats exactly my sentiments. The day the iPhone moves to the evil Verizon or other US carriers is the day AT&T will breath a sigh of relief (network wise). I only have signal issues at home (I live on a military base kinda in a rural area) however I have a 3G Microcell so I'm fine with coverage now. I'll for sure stick with AT&T at least till the end of my contract. It also blows my mind to think its legal for them to charge $25 for 2GB (not my issue really) and THEN charge $20 MORE to tether using that 2GB of data you ALREADY paid for at $25!!! This should be illegal!!!

It should be illegal. Whatever though, I still have unlimited (not to gloat). i really like AT&T. As I've said in the previous post, I haven't had any problems. I couldn't stand T-Mobile, and Sprint/Verizon scare me. I know people with sprint/verizon and only hear bad things. My favorite thing about AT&T is that if I get drunk, and break my iphone, I can take my sim out, go to walmart, and buy a piece of crap until my next pay period and buy another iphone.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
iphones for the win

had an iphone for over a year now and never ever considered jbing it till i found out about that tethering/2gb BS ive come so close to doing it now just for free tethering
fortunately my resolve has kept my iphones pure lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73