I was having issues muting calls, going to face time, etc on about 75% of the calls prior to 4.1. I've been using it over a week, with a lot of phone calls made, and have not had one issue. Thank God, I was about to toss the phone out the window at about 70+ MPH.
    09-20-2010 12:26 PM
    Well I just got my iPhone 4 2 weeks ago & I've upgraded to 4.1 & have the problem with the proximity sensor..very annoying & since I lost my ace jawbone bluetooth I'm stuck with either using the phone & putting someone on speakerphone or muting them or putting them on hold or use the head phones that came with the phone. Phone is jailbroken so I'm not going to to a restore just yet, going to wait to see what happens with 4.2 first..But oh how I love my iP4..so much faster than my iP3g was : )
    11-03-2010 12:09 AM
    4.2 is already able to be jailbroken, provided you don't have an unlock.
    11-03-2010 12:26 AM
    I am on my 4th iPhone 4 due to this issue. The Genius' keep saying that it "must be a faulty unit". Really? My 3GS never ever had this problem even on 4.0. This is a joke. The funny thing is so many people who don't complain (like one of the Genius') admit they don't make calls that much. If I wanted an iPod touch I would have gotten one. Bought an iPHONE for a reason. I just get tired of friends, co-workers, clients making fun of my phone or joking as they say "well you see, I can make phone calls with my phone".

I will wait until 4.2 and see if there is any improvement. If not, this thing is going on eBay.

- one thing that I have noticed that "helps" is that if I use the Black Bumper, I don't have as many issues. I tried a white Bumper as well as no bumper and it is almost un-usable. Not sure if the light is seeping in on the side of the glass or what, but let's face it, iPhone 4 is a beta product.
    11-03-2010 11:44 PM
    My wife had tons of proximity issues on 4.0.x and now its has improved maybe 50% for her. I didnt have any issues on 4.0.x and now I have a few on 4.1
    11-04-2010 01:48 PM
    Mine is slightly better under 4.1, but I do still get the occasional mute or dial by face...
    11-04-2010 01:50 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD