Hi there,

So, the situation is the following:
    Apple finally got me infected (after quite some time...), and now I'm waiting for my iPhone 4 to arrive So now I'm totally going crazy looking for apps and so on But back to my question:

I will have a 2Gb data-flat, but still I was wondering if by default it is possible to activate push-email whenever WIFI is available, and inactivate it in case no WIFI access is available?

So yeah... the question: Is the phone able to do that automatically, or do I have to manually activate/inactivate push-email depending on the accessibility to WIFI? Or 3. option: Is there an app ('there's an app for everything' ^^), capable to do so?

I was also trying to find an answer in the forum/web, but didn't find anything so far... Thank you in advance,

Greetings,
    Laurent
    09-12-2010 01:54 PM
    You will have to manually change that on your own. There are no work arounds. Sorry.
    09-12-2010 02:37 PM
    I have PUSH email on 3 accounts, and I don't use more than 150 MB a month. I am on wifi at home and work, but even when I was on a trip, I didn't use more than 1 GB in a month. You'll be fine, unless you're getting hundreds of e-mails a day with attachments.
    09-12-2010 03:58 PM
    Hi,

Nah, I will probably not reach that 2Gb limit then. Just thought there might be some settings for that. But then I'll add another question if that's ok @

I guess the phone has a kind of bandwidth monitor right? So that I can see how much data-traffic I already caused? If so: Is it reliable? Because my current phone is not too reliable concerning this...

Also the monthly fee includes a certain number of 'free'-SMS' etc. Is there any possibility to also monitor how many of those SMS' have already been used up?

I really hope that next time I'm bothering you, I'm at least holding the phone in my hands ^^

Thank you again for the fast replies!
    09-12-2010 04:34 PM
    I use *DATA#. It is accurate within a day's usage.
    09-12-2010 05:37 PM
    I use *DATA#. It is accurate within a day's usage. Dail it from your phone's Dail pad and press send. Att will send you a free text message.
    09-12-2010 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD