iOS 4.1 is draining my battery

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem. I installed 4.1 yesterday and my battery is draining twice as fast as it did on 4.0.2.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My battery life seems to be the same from 4.0.2 to 4.1. Today is the full day, so I'll get back to you after today is over.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I notice this morning that, after a full overnight charge, I'm down to 79% after only a couple of hours. Hope it improves...:cool:

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i did an update on mine last night, i played a few games until 11pm then turned the phone off till 7am, it has been on all day and i have played one or two games today and sent a fair few texts and i'm down to 92% after a full charge, the charge cycle ended when the update was complete

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. After I updated the phone, I barely would even have it on, and my battery was draining like crazy. I never had this problem before this recent update, but now it seems like anything I do kills my battery. It is quite frustrating.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
surprisingly better [iPhone 3G]

so, not only did Apple fix the performance issue, but improved battery life as well.. what the hell is going on?!

kitsbb

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery Has Been Good

I upgraded to 4.1 last night and did a full charge overnight. Turned on the phone 7am this morning and have been using it for mail, pictures and text messages and the battery has been steady. No gaming though.
Curretly 6 hours later, the batter is at 75% capacity.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
just out of curiosity, the ones with the power drain, are yours JB?

mine is not, and mine is fine battery wise, just wondering if apple are able to target JB phones via the update and sabotage them?

might be p**sing in the wind but you never know

DowntownTim

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep Me too

4.1 installed on 4G and my battery life is less than half of what was. I took it off the charger at 9am this morning and at 2pm it was dead. Normal usage. Not JB. It seems that a lot of people are having this problem. Google: ios4.1 battery life. There are dozens of forums addressing the same problem, I don't see a solution yet.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This is actually typical of all iOS updates. It helps a good number of users on battery life and sucker punches others. It could be that a third party app is causing an issue.

Last edited:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Try letting the battery drain to where it shuts the phone off. Then give it a nice full charge and see what happens. It could be a software thing where the new update was installed when you had lower battery and it thinks of that now as 100%. Again let your battery die completely and then let it charge to 100%. Do NOT use the phone while it is charging back up.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I finished my day off on my iPhone 4 running the new 4.1. 13 hours of standby and 3 hours of usage. Push email for two exchanges, calendar pushes, 20+ emails, several texts, a few 5 minute phone calls, and some web browsing. I have 62% left.

This is on par with if not better battery life than 4.0.2.

I am obviously not jb since they are still working on that.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
4.1 installed on 4G and my battery life is less than half of what was. I took it off the charger at 9am this morning and at 2pm it was dead. Normal usage. Not JB. It seems that a lot of people are having this problem. Google: ios4.1 battery life. There are dozens of forums addressing the same problem, I don't see a solution yet.

Me, too. When I did the install, I had problems, and had to do a clean install - set it up as a new phone... so I was suspecting either a configuration setting or a rogue app... but my battery life sucks... and I have turned off just about everything that I can think of in the way of location based stuff, alerts, push email, etc... and still the battery life sucks. No jailbreak here, either.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Mine seems like it's draining pretty fast was well.

1 Hr 32 Min of usage
4 Hr 3 Min of standby

I am at 78%. I just assume it's the notifications. I always have lousy battery life with them on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh