iOS 4.1 is draining my battery

Adam the Hat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Solution to Battery Drain on iPod Touch iOS 4.1?
====================================

I have signed up to this formum just to bring you this good news. After a week of terrible battery drain I have found a solution that worked for me.

My battery has been fully charged every night but always flat in the morning since upgrading to 4.1 . Yes, putting it is Airplane mode did stop the drain, but of course as soon as you forget to switch it off it drains like crazy.

I tried every solution I could find
-turned off push
-turned off location
-I stopped all my multitasking applications by double-clicking home (I had 90!)
-In the end I took off all my apps by unticking in iTunes and syncing.
Nothing worked and I didn't want to wipe the iPod, so I went to
Settings/ General/ Reset / and chose "Reset All Settings".

You will have to reenter the wifi details, but music and pictures should remain, and the apps I have put back on have kept their data.

This solved it for me. I left the wifi on last night and it is still almost fully charged this morning.

Result! There must have been some corrupt settings. I hope this helps you.

Adam.

Reactions: Handlebars

blueyxd

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Solution to Battery Drain on iPod Touch iOS 4.1?
====================================

I have signed up to this formum just to bring you this good news. After a week of terrible battery drain I have found a solution that worked for me.

My battery has been fully charged every night but always flat in the morning since upgrading to 4.1 . Yes, putting it is Airplane mode did stop the drain, but of course as soon as you forget to switch it off it drains like crazy.

I tried every solution I could find
-turned off push
-turned off location
-I stopped all my multitasking applications by double-clicking home (I had 90!)
-In the end I took off all my apps by unticking in iTunes and syncing.
Nothing worked and I didn't want to wipe the iPod, so I went to
Settings/ General/ Reset / and chose "Reset All Settings".

You will have to reenter the wifi details, but music and pictures should remain, and the apps I have put back on have kept their data.

This solved it for me. I left the wifi on last night and it is still almost fully charged this morning.

Result! There must have been some corrupt settings. I hope this helps you.

Adam.

I'll be sure to try that out! I'm new to the iPhone world, coming from a bb bold 9700 and the battery life has been slightly less than stellar. Granted, I have push notifications and email on but I do my best to close all app processes and lock the screen when not in use. I do find that killing the battery and then doing a full charge does help out the situation slightly. I will try out the above solution and see what happens. Though I'm not sure if the results will be similar since they are for an iPod?

josy

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
hi all

imagerz.com/QEJDCUtvAwMEU1IcQgVQ

3G is turned on allday
6hours were games and net over wifi, otherwise i always turn off the wifi
push and local notifications were set to off
i also killed every applications from the background
Brightness is around 40% without auto brightness

These values are good, bad, maybe average ? iOS 4.1 is running on my device

Thx for help

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Trying it Adam. My battery has been so bad and wifi times out randomly!! :mad:

you know when I first picked up iPhone 4 I had no problems with it battery was great, and it worked pretty good. updating to 4.0.1 changed that so for me 4.0 was fine. anything else after hurt the iPhone 4. I don't know why. Apple is annoying me. I have a new (2nd iPhone 4..) iPhone 4 with 4.1 on it. why is 4.1 such a hassle? my phone is stuck in recovery mode again. I wanted to set up as new to see if my battery problems will go away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner