Always a good read regarding battery >>> http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...anagement.html
    09-10-2010 10:20 AM
    Yea, I mine is not jailbroken either and I literally unplugged it and it goes down to 98% and I didn't even use it! It is strange because before, the battery seemed amazing.
    09-10-2010 01:53 PM
    My battery percentage is going down a bit faster with iOS 4.1 but not very much.
    09-10-2010 01:56 PM
    my battery life seems the same as it was on 4.0 I didnt update to 4.0.1 or 4.0.2
    09-10-2010 07:05 PM
    Battery life on my iPhone 4 is about the same. I'm planning to get a mophie juice pack or exolife batttery for iphone 4.
    09-10-2010 07:23 PM
    Yeah, my battery life has also kinda sucked it up since I upgraded. Thinking about a clean install...
    09-10-2010 11:26 PM
    I was averaging like 10% loss per around 1 hour of usage...NOW Im at 3 hours of usage today and down to 50%! WTF..........I havent done any heavy usage at all...just texts and a little internet, thats about it....also my camea roll started acting up today too. I noticed all of this today out of the blue, Dont know what to do to fix it...

This is all after I updated to 4.1....before 4.1 everything was fine

UPDATE: At 4 hrs of usage and down to 19%!!!!! This is terrible
    Last edited by MrFadedGlory; 09-13-2010 at 05:15 PM.
    09-13-2010 01:40 PM
    Mine doesn't seem that much different. Had my iPhone 4 off the charger since around 6:30am (it's now 2:30pm) and I've got 60% left. That includes 7 h 30 m of standby and 2 h 11 m of usage. That's with the brightness cranked all the way up to 100%, wifi and 3G on etc...

Seems ok to me.
    09-13-2010 03:34 PM
    I had a problem with my battery when i first upgraded. But drained the battery till the phone die and then full charged and it seems to have gotten back to normal if not better. 3h50 hours usage and 8h29 min standby and im at 60%...my screen is at about 50 or 55% and wifi and 3G always on.
    09-13-2010 04:32 PM
    Has anyone found a solution for this to get battery life back to normal.
    09-16-2010 05:33 PM
    Yea read post above yours. Seems to have worked for me.
    Last edited by weblou; 09-16-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    09-16-2010 06:00 PM
    i have drained my battery two times and the battery is still the same i get 4 to 5 hours of usage with the screen is at 40 percent and wifi, location services and bluetooth always off.
    09-16-2010 06:20 PM
    Not sure then. Was always like this or it happend with the ios4 update? Another thing I did was turn off all push services that I don't care about.

i have drained my battery two times and the battery is still the same i get 4 to 5 hours of usage with the screen is at 40 percent and wifi, location services and bluetooth always off.
    09-16-2010 08:45 PM
    After being on 4.1 for a few days now, my battery life has been pretty average. I have 2 e-mail accounts on PUSH and 1 on fetch. Location on, brightness almost maxed, and wifi on most of the day. I lose around 3-4 % per hour. 3 hrs 54 min of usage and 14 hrs 2 min of standby (36% left).
    09-16-2010 11:17 PM
    Anyone else having this problem. I installed 4.1 yesterday and my battery is draining twice as fast as it did on 4.0.2.
    I was getting better battery life on 4.1 until I changed my two gmail accounts to push through exchange. That seems to have upped the battery usage quite a bit. When I had only my work on exchange I was getting much better life.
    09-17-2010 09:49 AM
    Solution to Battery Drain on iPod Touch iOS 4.1?
    ====================================

I have signed up to this formum just to bring you this good news. After a week of terrible battery drain I have found a solution that worked for me.

My battery has been fully charged every night but always flat in the morning since upgrading to 4.1 . Yes, putting it is Airplane mode did stop the drain, but of course as soon as you forget to switch it off it drains like crazy.

I tried every solution I could find
    -turned off push
    -turned off location
    -I stopped all my multitasking applications by double-clicking home (I had 90!)
    -In the end I took off all my apps by unticking in iTunes and syncing.
    Nothing worked and I didn't want to wipe the iPod, so I went to
    Settings/ General/ Reset / and chose "Reset All Settings".

You will have to reenter the wifi details, but music and pictures should remain, and the apps I have put back on have kept their data.

This solved it for me. I left the wifi on last night and it is still almost fully charged this morning.

Result! There must have been some corrupt settings. I hope this helps you.

Adam.
    Handlebars likes this.
    09-28-2010 09:11 AM
    Trying it Adam. My battery has been so bad and wifi times out randomly!! >
    09-28-2010 01:18 PM
    Thanks i will try that.
    09-29-2010 12:53 PM
    Solution to Battery Drain on iPod Touch iOS 4.1?
    ====================================

I have signed up to this formum just to bring you this good news. After a week of terrible battery drain I have found a solution that worked for me.

My battery has been fully charged every night but always flat in the morning since upgrading to 4.1 . Yes, putting it is Airplane mode did stop the drain, but of course as soon as you forget to switch it off it drains like crazy.

I tried every solution I could find
    -turned off push
    -turned off location
    -I stopped all my multitasking applications by double-clicking home (I had 90!)
    -In the end I took off all my apps by unticking in iTunes and syncing.
    Nothing worked and I didn't want to wipe the iPod, so I went to
    Settings/ General/ Reset / and chose "Reset All Settings".

You will have to reenter the wifi details, but music and pictures should remain, and the apps I have put back on have kept their data.

This solved it for me. I left the wifi on last night and it is still almost fully charged this morning.

Result! There must have been some corrupt settings. I hope this helps you.

Adam.

I'll be sure to try that out! I'm new to the iPhone world, coming from a bb bold 9700 and the battery life has been slightly less than stellar. Granted, I have push notifications and email on but I do my best to close all app processes and lock the screen when not in use. I do find that killing the battery and then doing a full charge does help out the situation slightly. I will try out the above solution and see what happens. Though I'm not sure if the results will be similar since they are for an iPod?
    10-03-2010 01:59 PM
    hi all

imagerz.com/QEJDCUtvAwMEU1IcQgVQ

3G is turned on allday
    6hours were games and net over wifi, otherwise i always turn off the wifi
    push and local notifications were set to off
    i also killed every applications from the background
    Brightness is around 40% without auto brightness

These values are good, bad, maybe average ? iOS 4.1 is running on my device

Thx for help
    10-03-2010 06:16 PM
    Trying it Adam. My battery has been so bad and wifi times out randomly!! >
    you know when I first picked up iPhone 4 I had no problems with it battery was great, and it worked pretty good. updating to 4.0.1 changed that so for me 4.0 was fine. anything else after hurt the iPhone 4. I don't know why. Apple is annoying me. I have a new (2nd iPhone 4..) iPhone 4 with 4.1 on it. why is 4.1 such a hassle? my phone is stuck in recovery mode again. I wanted to set up as new to see if my battery problems will go away.
    10-03-2010 11:03 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD