I have an iPhone 4 and I received a Nexus One today and want to use it for a few days, but still want to use FaceTime one the iPhone. I was wondering if there is a way to use FaceTime on the iPhone 4 without a SIM card in it. I will mostly be using FaceTime to other iPhone 4's. Any help is much appreciated. I have done some research, but I can't find a definite answer to my pleasing. Thanks again!
    Last edited by brianalley; 09-09-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    09-09-2010 12:30 AM
    Have you tried just starting in contacts and clicking the FT button?
    09-09-2010 06:37 AM
    Not sure here, but the new iPod Touch has Face Time and it obviously doesn't have a SIM. Since both require wifi, just try it with your router or a hotspot without the SIM, may work, may not.
    09-09-2010 07:00 AM
    on iOS 4.1 you can use email addresses to make FaceTime calls. try updating and then using wifi to call via email.. worth a shot, at least.
    09-09-2010 03:25 PM
    on iOS 4.1 you can use email addresses to make FaceTime calls. try updating and then using wifi to call via email.. worth a shot, at least.
    Shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as you're in a WiFi hotspot OP
    09-09-2010 04:25 PM
    Not trying to be rude but why don't you just remove the SIM card from the phone and try making a facetime call? just go to the contact you want to call and hit facetime. That would give you your answer better than anyone on any forum.
    09-09-2010 05:53 PM
    Not trying to be rude but why don't you just remove the SIM card from the phone and try making a facetime call? just go to the contact you want to call and hit facetime. That would give you your answer better than anyone on any forum.
    That's what I was thinking.
    Last edited by swooshme; 09-09-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    09-09-2010 06:12 PM
    I have tried all of those things. I removed the SIM card and tried a facetime call with an email and still no luck. I have gone to the contact and clicked the FT button and it gives me the option to call from their phone numbers or their email and I select email. I will keep trying and if you all have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks again for the help.
    09-09-2010 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD