Email question and hope for a solution

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,
New to the site. A lot of Iphone knowledge around here so i hope someone could help me.

I get email invites that i need to accept (dinners, meetings, ect) but for some reason I can't seem to be able to accept them.
My GF send me one yesterday from her BB and I couldn't accept it. I had to log in to my email account and confirm. Is there a solution for this? maybe an app?

Also is there a way for me to send invites from my iphone?

Email account i care about is (gmail and personal domain)

thanks for the help :)

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you have your email account set up through Microsoft Exchange on your phone? I'm not entirely sure, but that could be why. Also, you can send invites from your phone by adding a calendar event and then adding invitees through the event.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
There is neither a way to send not to accept email invitations on the iphone. Workarounds: if you use Google Calendar, I believe if you access the Gmail webapp to access those emails, you can add events to your Google Calendar using the webapp.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. For the moment I'm doing what jakej914 said. I log in to gmail and accept the invite. This adds it to my gmail calendar and automatically syncs it to my phone calendar. But there's not solution like this for my domain email :(..... I can't believe Apple doesn't think this important. If they are planing any move in the business sector....invites are a must.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had that problem, but changed my GMail from GMail to a Microsoft Exchange. I can now accept invitations or decline. It automatically adds them to my Google Calendar and my phone.

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. For the moment I'm doing what jakej914 said. I log in to gmail and accept the invite. This adds it to my gmail calendar and automatically syncs it to my phone calendar. But there's not solution like this for my domain email :(..... I can't believe Apple doesn't think this important. If they are planing any move in the business sector....invites are a must.

As I said in my previous post, if you use the Exchange Server to get your email you can work with invites. Seeing that the exchange server access is available with the enterprise data plan, Apple is already taking care of the business sector in that regard. If you don't want to pony up for the enterprise data plan, then you are stuck without Exchange Server access and will have to continue going through gmail.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73