iOS 4.1 Issues and Bugs

Raven45

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Updated from 4.0 to 4.1 last night with no problems. All seems to be working fine with one exception (so far). I have the understanding that 4.1 installs a Facetime app in the upper left corner of the home screen. That didn't happen with my install.
Looked through every folder and screen on my iPhone 4 but no luck. Reboot didn't help.
Anyone else experience this?

Raven45

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Just learned from someone that the Facetime app is for the iPod Touch, not the iPhone. Facetime is built into the phone app on the iPhone. So, no issue :)

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Idk if this is an issue or just an annoyance, but whenever I receive a new text sms now, the keyboard automatically pops up instead of leaving the threaded convo full screen. It annoys me because sometimes the text is really long and I have to back out of the text and select it again for the keyboard to disappear ... And sometimes I have to do it two or three times before the keyboard finally goes away. Anyone else with this?

Cup_Cakr

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Idk if this is an issue or just an annoyance, but whenever I receive a new text sms now, the keyboard automatically pops up instead of leaving the threaded convo full screen. It annoys me because sometimes the text is really long and I have to back out of the text and select it again for the keyboard to disappear ... And sometimes I have to do it two or three times before the keyboard finally goes away. Anyone else with this?

YES! I have this and yes, it is annoying!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Since updating...ive noticed that (with phone connected) and I'm moving things around or deleting apps in iTunes, the memory bar reads false amounts, after deleting a fairly small app it freed up almost 3GB of memory, then as it finished syncing it fluctuated a few times and read slightly less...i unplugged the iPhone and plugged it back in and it finally showed the proper memory amount.

jiden77

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Calendar not working after reboot in "List" mode?

One thing I noticed on my brand new 3GS on 4.02 is that if I rebooted my phone, and went into the Calendar in "List" view, which is the mode I prefer, a box with "Loading..." would appear. This box wouldn't go away unless I switched to Day or Month view, then switched back to List view.

With the 4.1 update, my Calendar is instead empty after a reboot (when my default view is List). If I switch to Day or Month view, then back to List, all is well.

Anyone else notice this? Not a big deal, just a quirk... I am synced with Gmail (via Exchange) and my work Outlook account via Exchange.

Thanks

jcop

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Since updating...ive noticed that (with phone connected) and I'm moving things around or deleting apps in iTunes, the memory bar reads false amounts, after deleting a fairly small app it freed up almost 3GB of memory, then as it finished syncing it fluctuated a few times and read slightly less...i unplugged the iPhone and plugged it back in and it finally showed the proper memory amount.

I think this is an iTunes 10 issue. I'm on 4.0.1 and have the same issue.

Traviis

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
More dropped phone calls and cant connect?

I'm not too sure if this is a bug with the new 4.1 or the weather outside or something freaky but sometimes when I try to make a call my Iphone4 will drop all bars (I know about the death grip and I know how to hold it), my call with not go through and I will try this a couple of times until all of a sudden I get full bars and good to go. Not too sure what the cause of this is but its getting annoying... Sometimes my cell with go to one bar and can't connect and sometimes it will actually be searching for service; I'm not moving around, staying in the same spot. It's just weird that ill go from searching to full bars :/ AND dropped calls! never ever had that before.

aaronius

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
It's fine

Thanks 9erfan.

Question is, is the update thorough? Did I do something wrong? Or is it ok? I knew that I would be un-JailBreaking it, so that's why I was surprised when I saw the carrier remained as it was when it was JailBroken.

Thanks again.

It's just the way it is. When you backed your phone up, the image that MIM put up instead of the default AT&T was saved in that backup. When you restored from backup, it put the custom carrier image back into the phone. It's sort of a residual effect of the jailbreak, and it's been known since the 2.x days.

ZeTaBYTeS

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Yea, mine does that too! Hate this!

s7arscr3am

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It's just the way it is. When you backed your phone up, the image that MIM put up instead of the default AT&T was saved in that backup. When you restored from backup, it put the custom carrier image back into the phone. It's sort of a residual effect of the jailbreak, and it's been known since the 2.x days.

Thanks a lot. Not paranoid or anything, just haven't seen this happen before.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
One thing I noticed on my brand new 3GS on 4.02 is that if I rebooted my phone, and went into the Calendar in "List" view, which is the mode I prefer, a box with "Loading..." would appear. This box wouldn't go away unless I switched to Day or Month view, then switched back to List view.

With the 4.1 update, my Calendar is instead empty after a reboot (when my default view is List). If I switch to Day or Month view, then back to List, all is well.

Anyone else notice this? Not a big deal, just a quirk... I am synced with Gmail (via Exchange) and my work Outlook account via Exchange.

Thanks

I haven't update to 4.1 yet (Jailbroken). But I have the same "Loading..." problem you had with the "List" view. I almost freaked out the first time it happened. Kind of annoying, but at least I know how to get around it now.

chemtc73

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My proximity sensor seems to actually be more sensitive than it was before the update. I never had an issue with it before 4.1, but now the touch screen stays on sometimes when I am on a call at the phone is against my ear. Anyone else seeing this?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh another issue I've noticed, no matter what app I download from the app store, when it goes to install it, it says "You've already purchased this app ... etc, etc." and then loads the app. Even if I've never previously downloaded it. Weird.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73