iOS 4.1 Issues and Bugs

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While you are waiting for iOS 4.1 feel feel to chat it up here about the upcoming release and once it drops talk about all of the bugs as well...

train21reb

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i wish they'd hurry up and drop it. I hate waiting. They should release at midnight the day they are scheduled. that way, the fanboys who stay up late can download it and then normal people could get it throughout the day. Less strain on the servers I would think.

pilotcap#AC

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
It IS live now, install went smoothly within eight minutes. GameCenter present. Nothing faulty detected so far.
Most important to me: Navigon works.

Jedi Blob

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
iOS Issue

I've found a couple of issues, i originally had problems connecting to my home wifi, where i couldn't renew the lease, everything else worked on the network but my iphone 4, this was fixed by restarting my router. And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?

Cup_Cakr

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had trouble with the file. It couldn't process, was corrupted.

Restarted the machine, download again, no problem! Phew!

brettgrobarz#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
typing. there seems to be an issue with the screen detecting my finger when typing texts. first time this has ever happened and 3rd iphone so clearly it is not a "user" malfunction...... very frustrating and seems to disappear when i close and re-open the text app

s7arscr3am

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.

john.woody

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?

Good spot, its the same for me with songs, albums and artists!!

Reactions: four4usc

Dphone

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've only found one issue so far, my camera roll is just black. I can select pictures but can't see them. HDR is hot btw !

kkurkowskij

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4. I attempted to update from 4.02 to 4.1. The update failed and the phone is stuck in recovery mode now. Tries to restore to the last backup and fails. It keeps on throwing an error 1004. Phone is a paperweight now. I tried calling Apple but they are currently closed still so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar later on today.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

kkurkowskij

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4. I attempted to update from 4.02 to 4.1. The update failed and the phone is stuck in recovery mode now. Tries to restore to the last backup and fails. It keeps on throwing an error 1004. Phone is a paperweight now. I tried calling Apple but they are currently closed still so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar later on today.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
I contacted Apple about this problem and they told me the phone needs to be replaced.

s7arscr3am

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I've found a couple of issues, i originally had problems connecting to my home wifi, where i couldn't renew the lease, everything else worked on the network but my iphone 4, this was fixed by restarting my router. And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?

I do not show that on my end. All songs/artists/playlists starting with "J" and "Q" are appropriately under "J" and "Q".

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
iOS 4.1

This may just be me but i see a delay when clicking the send button in sms. The sms key stays pushed in as when it becomes a darker blue and then releases itself a second or however long later when it starts to send the message.

Is this just me or anyone else notice it?

robyn5171

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
contact list access using 4.0

I upgraded to 4.1 and now can not access my friends contact lists nor can anyone post on my wall. Any suggestions. I have tried to do this on my computer and I can access both but not on my iphone

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.

This is a result of restoring from a backup after updating to the new firmware. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as a new device.

s7arscr3am

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a result of restoring from a backup after updating to the new firmware. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as a new device.

Thanks 9erfan.

Question is, is the update thorough? Did I do something wrong? Or is it ok? I knew that I would be un-JailBreaking it, so that's why I was surprised when I saw the carrier remained as it was when it was JailBroken.

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner