iOS 4.1 Issues and Bugs

NickiSmith

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.

I've had that happen before in the past too.

RobertsDP

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am having problems with my 3GS when accessories are attached to my phone after upgrading. When in my car with it attached I have to use the Bluetooth audio because when the cable is attached the music/video will skip and have breaks in the songs.
It's funny because I only upgraded because I wanted the bluetooth controls for my car and now thats all i can use... but I still need the cable for my movies and videos.
Anyone else have this problem?

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Continue to receive a warning that states "this accessorie is not supported by this iPhone....." I haven't attends anything to the phone.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS 4.1

This may just be me but i see a delay when clicking the send button in sms. The sms key stays pushed in as when it becomes a darker blue and then releases itself a second or however long later when it starts to send the message.

Is this just me or anyone else notice it?
YES i have noticed this too!!!!

Last edited:

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden I cant save any images to my camera roll....pics from websites etc....also when I take pics from my camera it saves the 2 pics to my camera roll (1 HDR ,1 regular) but i cant delete the photos and it doesnt tell me which one is the HDR photo like it used too........Very annoying

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I am still having a problem with my Jawbone Prime Bluetooth loosing its connection. Not as bad as before but still an issue. Anyone else having bluetooth issues?

rdlong47

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
Still having proximity issues with my phone as well as my wife's phone. Wonder if apple will do anything now that we bpth have iOS4.1??

bigdawg901

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated to iOS4.1 and now my iPhone 4 won't sync at all with iTunes. I'm using Vista it keeps saying iTunes has stopped working and closes. Anyone else having this problem? If so please help.

bluebomberx

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has to do with 4.1 or the fact that I recent upgraded from 10.5.8 to 10.6.4, but my phone takes forever to pull up with either Image Capture or Aperture now for import. It shows up in iTunes fine.

scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with 4.1. My battery life has seriously decreased, my proximity sensor is really sensitive and acting wonky whereas I never had a problem before, and my auto brightness is possessed. Has anyone else had these problems? What should I do? My phone was better before the update .

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
One thing I noticed on my brand new 3GS on 4.02 is that if I rebooted my phone, and went into the Calendar in "List" view, which is the mode I prefer, a box with "Loading..." would appear. This box wouldn't go away unless I switched to Day or Month view, then switched back to List view.

With the 4.1 update, my Calendar is instead empty after a reboot (when my default view is List). If I switch to Day or Month view, then back to List, all is well.

Yep, same problem here on my 3GS. The Calendar is empty any time I open it after closing it with the little "x". It doesn't matter what view I was in before I closed the app.

20feetall

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh another issue I've noticed, no matter what app I download from the app store, when it goes to install it, it says "You've already purchased this app ... etc, etc." and then loads the app. Even if I've never previously downloaded it. Weird.

Mine does this same thing. It's not really too big of an issue to me but it's still rather annoying.

aestival

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
One thing I noticed on my brand new 3GS on 4.02 is that if I rebooted my phone, and went into the Calendar in "List" view, which is the mode I prefer, a box with "Loading..." would appear. This box wouldn't go away unless I switched to Day or Month view, then switched back to List view.

With the 4.1 update, my Calendar is instead empty after a reboot (when my default view is List). If I switch to Day or Month view, then back to List, all is well.

Anyone else notice this? Not a big deal, just a quirk... I am synced with Gmail (via Exchange) and my work Outlook account via Exchange.

Thanks
Yep, same problem here on my 3GS. The Calendar is empty any time I open it after closing it with the little "x". It doesn't matter what view I was in before I closed the app.
Same problem on my 3rd gen iPod touch. What's really weird is that I'm a developer (just a hobbyist, though), and the calendar is all there from the reboot. Really freaked me out the first time it happened, so thanks for explaining this as a general bug. Thought I might have messed up my calendar somehow during beta testing of my scheduling app -- very glad to hear that it wasn't anything that I did.

[obligatory app plug: checkMeet]

pilotcap#AC

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Experienced massive compass issues on holiday. Compass had "interference" and requested recalibration which often failed. Navigon worked fine. But Maps and OffMaps had issues, especially when requesting the direction. Switching my iPhone off and restarting helped in most cases but the compass seems to be inaccurate and gives readings plus/minus 20 percent off the right direction.

Using a 3GS with 4.1. Anyone else experiencing this?

uslsbmx

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Always restore when jailbroken never update

Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.

When you update ios and are jailbroken files from jailbreaking can be carried over. Always hit restore to remove all jailbroken data.

stennett#IM

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth issues are driving me crazy! I use a Plantronics 925 and it worked great with the iPhone for the first two weeks. Now it is disconnecting and reconnecting with the phone and the audio quality is terrible. The headset works great with other phones, and my car's hands free bluetooth is experiencing the same issue. I drive in the oil field and live by my bluetooth! Anybody else?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Ok so my iPhone 4 was getting a little wonky. I cleared the app switcher and then reset it like I've been doing, much less often with my iPhone 4. But this time it seems to have actually reset it...when it came back on the screen was super dim. I keep my brightness at about 3/4 to max and it had be reset to about half. When I unlocked it my home screen wallpaper also was reset to the one on my lock screen, second thing I noticed after the brightness.

Upon further review everything has been reset; ringtones, push settings, battery % indicator hidden, SMS preview, etc.

This has not happened before. Don't know if I have reset my iPhone since after installing 4.1 update.

Last edited:

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Won't force into EDGE

One thing I have noticed is that if I try to force my iPhone 4 into EDGE by turning off 3G, nothing happens. I have to go back into settings and try it again. Frustrating as I have to throw it into EDGE where I work otherwise I get no signal (why the phone won't go to EDGE automatically is beyond me); it goes from 3G to Searching. Apple and ATT said that if I am in a spot with weak signal I have to force it into EDGE otherwise I will not get a signal.

I miss my 3GS badly....too bad I sold it to get this crappy phone; proximity sensor doesn't work and more dropped calls than on the 3GS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods