hey,

i have the iphone 4 running 4.0.1 and i was just wondering if any of you have the issue of the mail app automatically getting my emails more frequently then the interval i have set because i have set the interval to 1 hour but it definitely fetches mail more often than that. I have also turned off the push notifications for mail so i am not sure if what is going on. if anyone could shed some light that would be awesome.

thanks
    09-06-2010 06:36 PM
    hey,

i have the iphone 4 running 4.0.1 and i was just wondering if any of you have the issue of the mail app automatically getting my emails more frequently then the interval i have set because i have set the interval to 1 hour but it definitely fetches mail more often than that. I have also turned off the push notifications for mail so i am not sure if what is going on. if anyone could shed some light that would be awesome.

thanks
    is it a exchange account or is it a regular email account?
    09-06-2010 08:10 PM
    My case is even worst. I had it turn off (notification and fetch) but it still fetches e-mails whenever I use the Contacts app
    09-06-2010 09:01 PM
    If you only fetch once an hour anyway, why not just switch off fetch and open the mail app whenever you need to check your mail? If not, try deleting the account(s) then adding it(them) again.
    09-06-2010 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD