new mac pro from pc.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
i just bought a macbook pro friday and i wanted to put music on my i4 but when i click sync music a message comes up saying that my i4 can only be synced with one itunes library (which i know) and it asks do you want to erase this iphone and sync with this itunes library? i have no music on my iphone4

Will it erase all my apps, photos, everything? or just music? i dont have any music on my iphone anyways.

i am on itunes 10

Last edited:

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I do, But is there an easier way? Like if I continue with the music sync will that just erase music? I do not have music on my phone.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm fairly certain the only thing that will sync over is your contacts...if you click erase and sync, it will ask you to merge or replace info on your iPhone. At this point, you'd want to merge info. You can import any photos you have using Image Capture (which I prefer), iPhoto, or Aperture. Otherwise, you're going to have to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account and re-download all of your apps.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I made a back up already on the Mac so what if I just restore it and then back up from restore. Would that work? Or would I just be in the same position?

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing and got a MacBook Pro and I went to BestBuy and there is a cable that lets you sync all your data from computer to another...through USB. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to here in a little. I'll let you know how it goes.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
so basically it is either music or re download 208 apps? hmm... i think no music, i have pandora and music on the other hand isnt a big deal to me.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I did the same thing and got a MacBook Pro and I went to BestBuy and there is a cable that lets you sync all your data from computer to another...through USB. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to here in a little. I'll let you know how it goes.

ok thank you! that may be worth getting.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please check out that link above and tell me if that would work in my situation.

Transfer Downloads: i read that takes care of your apps.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please check out that link above and tell me if that would work in my situation.

Transfer Downloads: i read that takes care of your apps.

Yeah that should work fine. I have done it a few times for friends and fam and have never had any issues. As for your music, depending on how much you have you can just copy your iTunes library to a flash drive and then drag and drop into iTunes on your new mac. Congrats on getting a macbook you will never go back to PC.

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that should work fine. I have done it a few times for friends and fam and have never had any issues. As for your music, depending on how much you have you can just copy your iTunes library to a flash drive and then drag and drop into iTunes on your new mac. Congrats on getting a macbook you will never go back to PC.

Ok GOOD! i dont have any music on my phone anyways.

Should i transfer purchases first?

I will never go back to PC ever!

Thank you!