Help - need to know how to tether my iPhone

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I moved into my mew place but unfortunately verizon shipped their modem to the wrong address. So I'm stuck with no Internet until Tuesday. I called AT&T and added the tether plan onto my 3GS account cuz my i4 account has unlimited data and they wouldn't let me tether on that. So I need to know the process of how to tether the iphone 3gs on my laptop. Please help. Thanks guys

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you have a jailbroken iPhone, you can download MyWi from Cydia and use your phone as a hotspot. Instructions can be found here:

How To Turn Your iPhone into a Wi-Fi Hotspot

I got it to work on the 3GS, I wish I could get it to work on the i4 but I just went up to 4.0.2. I tried my EVO as well and my Droid X but they didn't seem to want to play nicely today.

In regards to MyWi, I have looked into this and wanted to purchase it previously, doesn't AT&T see you are using a sh!t load of data and going to suspect something?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tethering on a cell phone is not supposed to replace your home isp. All the cellco's will allow you to use data, but if you start downloading full length movies in hd, even if you have unlimited data, they're going to tell you to stop.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh I know. It's for basic data use, browsing the web, e-mail, which is what I'm doing. I won't be doing any of that heavy stuff until Tuesday.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
You can also switch the SIMs and use your unlimited plan on your 3GS. You'll need to buy a SIM adapter and figure out how to cut the miniSIM.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2