does 4.1 fix your 3G?

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi!

Do you guys see improved performance with 4.1 over 4.0.x? Mine is the same really, I wasn't experiencing the nasty slowdown (I was always able to answer calls immediatelly, keyboard wasn't ever stuck for seconds on my 3G...) before.

Generally, I feel 4.1 is about the same as 4.0.

I also noticed Google Notes syncing is gone now, as is spotlight search of SMS. That's an Apple way to improve performance, good thing I don't really mind these two.

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Stoovie, are you using folders? My wife organised all her apps into folders and its been running so badly, I wondered if that was the root cause of it. She has problems answering calls, as the swipe doesn't work, and it generally runs much slower. Are you using a Gold beta version?

ZeTaBYTeS

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Am wondering if iOS 4.1 has really fixed the performance issues on iPhone 3G too. Anyone else having first-hand experience?

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
@Stuartino: yes, I do use folders and did use with 4.0.X. I noticed Springboard app takes less memory if you organize icons to folders (less icons - less RAM usage). In 4.1, they actually open slower than in 4.0x for me. I always do a full DFU restore without restoring backups, so I can really realistically tell the difference between builds (I do restore backups later if I need to).

I am running the GM for devs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW