Welcome aboard the iPhone 4 Boat, jiggaman2g. I hope the ride will be to your liking. As you well know, if the waters get rough you can always disembark whenever and wherever you want. Keep in mind that the iPhone may suit your needs now but this may change in the future as things always do. Remember to keep an open mind to this change and always consider other smartphones for your business and personal needs without letting a sense of misplaced loyalty rule your emotions. I love my iPhone 4 but I know if things occur in the future to where Apple begins to slack and the competition surpasses them, I will be looking elsewhere to suit my mobile device needs. I'm only loyal to great service, craftsmanship, smooth interface, user experience and ergonomics that tie in well with my mobile lifestyle habits and needs. Fanboyism be damned.
    09-04-2010 03:56 PM
    So yes, I have followed TiPb for several months now, especially since I won an iPad while at a conference in Houston. I have to say, once I played with the iPad i was convinced that I should switch from Blackberry to iPhone... so I went out, and as luck would have it my local Telus dealer happened to receive two iPhone 4s that morning!!! (they don't do waiting lists at this dealer) So I dropped by and picked up an iPhone 4!!! I could not be happier... like the original post author, it makes the Blackberry I had look like about as advanced as my original Motorolla StarTac flip phone ** laugh **

Suffice it to say, for any die hard Crackberry addicts out there, I have to say once you go iPhone, you will forget your Crackberry ever existed... within MINUTES ** giggle **
    09-04-2010 08:17 PM
    Awesome. When I first used a BB I thought it was the DOS of the phone world.
    09-04-2010 09:44 PM
    Great story, made me smile, as I know exactly where you are coming from my friend.!
    09-05-2010 02:37 AM
    I continue to be impressed...I beat the crap out of this phone today and it's so good to have a battery that can keep up with a vigorous day!!! YAY!!

OK I'm done boasting about this thing.......for this hour at least
    09-07-2010 05:09 PM
    Id never go back to a BB...after having owned 10-15 of them in my life over the years where iphones were not an option. I will, however, say that the new torch looks like a promising development for them...perhaps a window into their future where their business mind is evolving into the real world...

Nice story btw...
    09-07-2010 06:16 PM
    Id never go back to a BB...after having owned 10-15 of them in my life over the years where iphones were not an option. I will, however, say that the new torch looks like a promising development for them...perhaps a window into their future where their business mind is evolving into the real world...

Nice story btw...
    Funny thing about the new Torch is that ATT had a big hand in the design of it. They worked hand in hand with RIM to design it.
    09-07-2010 07:50 PM

Nice story btw...
    A friend of mine has a Torch so I played around with it for a couple of hours. It's not bad. If they got rid of the keyboard it would be better. My biggest issue with it is that it's sooooooooo slow compared to iPhone 4. It feels the way my iPhone 3G felt. There are however one feature I would like to see iPhone copy, the social feeds. I hope Apple does something like that, but better cuz its Apple.
    09-07-2010 09:09 PM
    Nice story. I have had 3 blackberries. I would talk down about the iphone to anybody i could. When the iPhone 4 came out it was the first one that really interested me. I loved the look of it and some of the features that finally came out with iOS 4 also finally dealt with some of the issues I had with it. About a month ago we switched to att because we moved to an area tmobile didn't cover. I had two phones I was considering the samsung galaxy or the iPhone. I wanted something different than blackberry just because I like to try new things. I went with the iPhone for one main reason which is I have a mac. I love this phone it is incredible what phones can do these days. Ok I'll stop talking now. Thanks for the story.
    09-07-2010 09:23 PM
    Great story. Welcome.
    09-07-2010 09:52 PM
    LOL it is a conspiracy. Welcome to the light side!
    09-08-2010 12:15 AM
    Nice story. I have had 3 blackberries. I would talk down about the iphone to anybody i could. When the iPhone 4 came out it was the first one that really interested me. I loved the look of it and some of the features that finally came out with iOS 4 also finally dealt with some of the issues I had with it. About a month ago we switched to att because we moved to an area tmobile didn't cover. I had two phones I was considering the samsung galaxy or the iPhone. I wanted something different than blackberry just because I like to try new things. I went with the iPhone for one main reason which is I have a mac. I love this phone it is incredible what phones can do these days. Ok I'll stop talking now. Thanks for the story.
    LOL Isn't it easy to go on and on? I was is the apple store yesterday looking at some mac laptops... This Toshiba is looking very dated to me lol.
    09-08-2010 08:44 AM
    There seems to be a lot of similar "conversion" stories. I read the OP's post with the eerie feeling I was reliving my very own and recent "conversion", right down to his wife commenting on those damm "clicking noises".

I may not have been as entrenched into the BlackBerry camp as many others, having only owned the original Bold (whose keyboard I miss - but not so much to tempt me back) for two years, but the jump to the greener side did feel rather momentous.

Not only do I find my new iPhone infinitely useful, I can now surf and type to my heart's content without annoying my darling wife.
    12-09-2010 04:24 PM
    And for what it's worth, these forums do seem to be much more relaxed than over at CB. No disrespect to Kevin and the fine work he's done over at CrackBerry, but the forums were getting positively impossible to browse without running into a flame war or finding some poor shmuck being rudely told to "search" in answer to an innocent enough question.
    12-09-2010 04:46 PM
    Yeah, I have noticed that, this is an awesome forum because of that! Also, the BB does have it's strengths, ok, maybe one, some people really prefer the physical keyboard, personally, I don't, and that's why I love my iPhone 4, and the screen, wow. Just plain gorgeous! I mean, BB can't even touch it! Haha, and I bet your son likes your phone, it's a crowd pleaser, you may even want to consider getting him the iPod Touch 4th generation, he would love it!
    12-09-2010 09:37 PM
    My son? Don't think I mentioned anything about any offsprings of mine.

But assuming I did, any offsprings I have are more than old enough (and hopefully capable enough) to go find their own devices.
    12-09-2010 09:50 PM
    iPhone 4 + Jailbreak smokes BB, Android, etc...it's really no contest.
    12-09-2010 10:30 PM
    Welcome to the greener side of things, and yes, i still go back to CB and it's some much friendlier here, glad i'm not the only one that sees it lol

and welcome to the dark side
    12-10-2010 02:54 AM
    I am still using 2 devices: ip4 and bold 9700. Bb is for work as company utilizes bb for their sales force. IP4 for my own personal tel and entertainment unit. Since I got IP4, I've not even bother with bb OS6.

iOS 4 has become mature and useful. Bb will remained as my work only phone but IP4 will take care of the rest.
    12-11-2010 04:07 AM
    great store ......
    12-11-2010 04:56 AM
    Good story. I just converted to the iPhone 4 last week coming from the BlackBerry 9000 Bold.
    12-11-2010 11:06 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD