Hello all,

I just recently bought a ip4 and have been learning as much as possible through searching and reading up in the forums. Now I have a few questions.

1) ITUNES when I first got the phone i configured everything as it asked and all was pretty good I guess, until I tried to remove my credit card information from the account. I have tried my best to stay out of debt by getting a cc that you load money onto so that's the card I used. I bought a few apps and I believe the card balance went down to $1.80 or something but anyway yesterday I went to load some free apps and was getting some error msg about my account? So I toyed with it and even tried to open a "new" itunes account but it always asks for a credit card, even when I change the country and use a USA address (was told to try that on a website)

Can someone please assist me with this? I want an account that only if I want to buy an app do I need to select a payment method if possible. I ended up loading $30 onto the credit card and all is well but I don't want it set up like that.

2) How do I create another "album" on this phone? or do I have to keep all my pictures loaded in camera roll?

Apart from that I'm totally happy with my phone this thing is such a huge leap above the bb storm 2 that I had no regrets about coming over to the other side at all.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    08-31-2010 09:07 AM
    1, Unfortunately, that's iTunes. You must have an active credit card that is useable or you won't even be able to install free apps, or update those apps you've already paid for.

2. Create the albums on your pc and then in iTunes choose the folders to sync to your iPhone.
    08-31-2010 11:16 AM
    What I did was buy an itunes gift card and then I setup my account. I did not
    want to give out my CC info so I use the gift card. I just by a new one when I need to reload the account with credit. This way I have an account and I can update my apps but not be tied to my CC for any reason. I hope this helps for part of your question.
    08-31-2010 11:31 AM
    I created a new folder on my PC and then synced that folder over to my iphone via itunes. Is there a way to move pictures around to different albums right on your iphone without syncing to your PC?
    08-31-2010 01:40 PM
    I created a new folder on my PC and then synced that folder over to my iphone via itunes. Is there a way to move pictures around to different albums right on your iphone without syncing to your PC?
    There is not, You need to do that on your PC /Mac
    08-31-2010 01:59 PM
    Thank you all for the help! I ended up calling apple and they walked me through getting my credit card off the account, apparently you have to set it up and then remove the card so that's all good and I'm still able to download the free apps and it just asks me for my info on the paid :-) so happy lol

And as for the photos I'm going to try that tonight
    08-31-2010 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD