I've seen a lot of videos about screen tests for the iPhone 4 and the original iPod touch when it first came out (when I got my iPod touch).

Anyway, I've tried to scratch mine with keys and a knife but it doesn't scratch (iPod and iPhone 4).

But what I've noticed after a couple of years, is that my iPod (touch) is pretty scratched up. How did this happen? Is there a layer of coating that 'dissolved' over time?

I'm contemplating whether to use a protector on my iPhone 4 or not =s

and is the back resistant too? I know the camera isn't, I already have scratches on it =s

THanks!!
    08-30-2010 04:30 PM
    Anyway, I've tried to scratch mine with keys and a knife but it doesn't scratch (iPod and iPhone 4).
    08-30-2010 04:43 PM
    I've seen a lot of videos about screen tests for the iPhone 4 and the original iPod touch when it first came out (when I got my iPod touch).

But what I've noticed after a couple of years, is that my iPod (touch) is pretty scratched up. How did this happen? Is there a layer of coating that 'dissolved' over time?

and is the back resistant too? I know the camera isn't, I already have scratches on it =s

THanks!!
    You intentionally scratched your phone?!?!?!
    08-30-2010 06:36 PM
    its made out of glass so anything that can scratch glass can scratch the screen
    08-30-2010 06:59 PM

THanks!!
    Lmao... Whats wrong with you? Are you the type of person someone tells not to put your hands in the box or you'll regret it, and you go ahead and put them in there anyways. Somebody could tell me my new Challanger is scratch resistant and Im sure in the hell not going to take my keys too it to find out. I cant stop laughing... Tool !
    08-30-2010 09:18 PM
    Why would you put a key to such a beautiful screen????
    08-30-2010 10:52 PM
    I've tried to scratch mine with keys and a knife
    I'm now scared..
    08-30-2010 11:03 PM
    There are a lot of people out there where money is not a concern. So if the screen did scratch, just go get another one.
    08-31-2010 01:26 AM
    am i crazy or does it seem like you guys haven't seen those types of tests before??

youtube .com/watch?v=_8yNh0N2qbs
    08-31-2010 01:26 AM
    The screen is supposed to be, but from what i read on these boards the screen is not. I've actually heard (not seen) of people putting their phone in their pocket with nothing else and it comes out scratched. I don't know what to beleive so i protect my phone.
    djgmac likes this.
    08-31-2010 08:05 AM
    There are a lot of people out there where money is not a concern. So if the screen did scratch, just go get another one.
    Don't care if I had millions...money is always a concern. That's how you keep it.
    08-31-2010 09:29 AM
    Do you think Bill Gates got rich by writting checks? Nah, he got rich by saving and investing.
    08-31-2010 10:15 AM
    LMAO your a maniac! Im crying reading this........you tried to scratch your iphone with keys and knives! thats so tough!
    08-31-2010 03:10 PM
    I use an invisible shield and a case (bumper) with mine. You can never be too careful with it!
    08-31-2010 05:50 PM
    screen protectors AT LEAST are always a must. I also ordered some thin resin cases just to keep dust and scratches (I never NEVER drop my phone, thank God)
    08-31-2010 06:34 PM
    I hate screen protectors and cases and I've tried both. I've gone naked with my 3GS and now my iPhone 4 and never had a scratch.
    08-31-2010 06:43 PM
    I hate screen protectors and cases and I've tried both. I've gone naked with my 3GS and now my iPhone 4 and never had a scratch.
    Same here. I think all screen protectors are terrible. And all I use is the bumper.
    And that's maybe like 25% of the time.
    08-31-2010 06:52 PM
    The ONLY time I've seen anyone intentionally try to scratch their screen is when they had a zagg shield on.
    08-31-2010 11:07 PM
    hello...i am merry...i am looking for skin that prevents my phone from any kind of damage that is scratch resistant
    08-31-2010 11:22 PM
    hello...i am merry...i am looking for skin that prevents my phone from any kind of damage that is scratch resistant
    Click
    08-31-2010 11:57 PM
    When I had BlackberryOS.com (before I sold it), I did a review for Otterbox and used a Curve 8320 and one of the tests was dropping it from my office window which was 3 stories high. That otterbox sure did protect that device. I would def hit up Otterbox if you want protection for you I.
    09-01-2010 12:19 AM
    I'm thinking with the retina display, what is the point of putting a screen protector on it and blurring it out??

But yes, from a previous post it seems like it's always accidentally gets scratched. That's what happened to my iPod touch. I can try to scratch it and nothing will happen but when I just take it put of my pocket it's scratched.
    09-02-2010 02:56 AM
    I'm thinking with the retina display, what is the point of putting a screen protector on it and blurring it out??

But yes, from a previous post it seems like it's always accidentally gets scratched. That's what happened to my iPod touch. I can try to scratch it and nothing will happen but when I just take it put of my pocket it's scratched.
    Agreed. I had never dropped my iP4 and it ended up with hairline scratches in random places. Luckily, I got a replacement because I was having SIM contact issues
    09-02-2010 06:44 AM
    I'd recommend a screen protector no matter how tough the screen looks. Better safe than sorry.
    09-02-2010 12:41 PM
    Haven't noticed any scratches on my bare screen..
    09-02-2010 04:17 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD