Netflix stuttering on 3g

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have a problem running netflix over 3g? Mine will not play without stuttering and buffering every 5-10 seconds. Then I need to wait 5-10 seconds to watch another section. Really annoying.
Am i missing something.

Im running Iphone 4 4.0.2 and have 8.4 gigs of storage left. (not jail broke).

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 4, but not on my iPad. They are both right next to each other and have a 3G signal. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I wonder if changing the scrub rate will have any effect on this problem.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 4, but not on my iPad. They are both right next to each other and have a 3G signal. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I wonder if changing the scrub rate will have any effect on this problem.

I don't think you can change that on the iphone can you? I would like to get this resolved as I have been trying to watch Black Hawk Down for 3 days now.

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can change that on the iphone can you? I would like to get this resolved as I have been trying to watch Black Hawk Down for 3 days now.

If you tap the status bar (the time bar at the top, whatever it's called) and drag your finger down it will show scrub rate reducing. I just tried it and when I reduced it down to Quarter Scrub Rate, the movie I was watching came through just fine with no buffering at all.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
If you tap the status bar (the time bar at the top, whatever it's called) and drag your finger down it will show scrub rate reducing. I just tried it and when I reduced it down to Quarter Scrub Rate, the movie I was watching came through just fine with no buffering at all.

That just allows you to search faster or slower. If you pull down to quarter scrub then you search by seconds instead of minutes.

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
That just allows you to search faster or slower. If you pull down to quarter scrub then you search by seconds instead of minutes.

I didn't realize that. For some reason the movie worked just fine after doing that, but didn't right before I did that. I guess it's just pure coincidence then.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I have a similar issue, but it seems to happen over wifi more than 3G, despite my wifi signal and speeds being better. Odd.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if it's the movie Blackhawk Down, I just watched Boondock Saints and had little to know problem with it stuttering. Went back to Blackhawk Down and it was stuttering just like before.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I wonder if it's the movie Blackhawk Down, I just watched Boondock Saints and had little to know problem with it stuttering. Went back to Blackhawk Down and it was stuttering just like before.

Damned good point. You wouldn't think that would be an issue, but you never know.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner