What a great phone! I'm coming off a very bad experience with the Sprint Palm Pre which I had for 14 months and just couldn't take the poor service anymore. I'm a Realtor and I'm on my phone all day long using the web, email and phone calls. I thought the Palm Pre was the best out there and I was one of the first to get it on launch day and right out the gate I started dropping calls everywhere and I live and work in a populated area. I got a really weak signal at home and in my office, I should have brought the phone back before my thirty days was up but for the $99.00 everything package I talked myself into keeping it. My big concerns when I was ready to make a switch (yes I paid an ETF to Sprint) was call quality and battery life. I heard all the rumors of AT&T dropping calls and signal strength and the iPhone's antennae issue, which for me has turned out to be a non-issue. I have had the iphone now for 11 days and have not had one dropped call and the battery life is outstanding. Plus all the other features it gives me so I can be truly mobile when I'm away from the office. I have my calendar and contacts synced with google and with outlook on my laptop. Before I made the leap to iphone I was reading this forum which helped me make my decision. This phone is leap years ahead of the Palm Pre.
    08-30-2010 10:16 AM
    Welcome to the iPhone! One thing you must remember is NEVER keep a phone no matter how nice it is if you get spotty to no service. It looks like you did research on how AT&T cellular service is in your area before you bought the iPhone. You just have to be very proactive in researching and testing your carrier's signal strength and the reliability of their network before you settle in on a contract.
    08-30-2010 10:38 AM
    The Palm was my first smartphone and Sprint ended up giving me an airwave for my house but I think in the end the Palm had a poor Antennae, I went through three palm pre's and they all had the same problem, battery and signal strength. My wife has a basic phone with Sprint and she has no issues.
    But yes I did do alot of research before I went with the iphone and At&t and I'm confident I made the right decision.
    08-30-2010 11:05 AM
    But yes I did do alot of research before I went with the iphone and At&t and I'm confident I made the right decision.
    I've been with AT&T for over 10 years now and I'm very happy with them. You made the right decision.
    08-30-2010 11:22 AM
    happy your liking the iPhone 4
    08-30-2010 07:15 PM
    How is iPhone 4???
    08-31-2010 04:37 AM
    So far it's been great, I'm still learning some things. Besides using it for my business I also wanted a phone I could use to take good pictures and videos and this iphone 4 is the best that I have seen at doing that. I'm sure I'll have some questions for this forum as I learn the phone more.
    08-31-2010 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD