iPhone 4 Bricked??

Khalil

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Today the Rock App messed up my phone and I am stuck on the apple logo. Upon trying to restore to 4.0.1 it said it could not restore and gave me an error "3194." I saved my SHSH with TinyUmbrella and when I click on Display SHSH it tells me that my specific iPhone 4 CAN be restored to 4.0.1 yet I keep getting the error. Please for the love of god help me as I do not want to update to 4.0.2 and I don't want my phone to stay bricked! How can I fix this?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Stop Jailbreaking and you'll be fine. Too risky.

Not really...the only "risk" here is that he'll end up at the current Apple firmware that comes with any brand-new iPhone.

Or did you mean he's at risk of losing all the wonderful added functionality that comes with jailbreaking? In that case, I agree!

Khalil

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much! I used the guide posted above by Massie and now I am up and running and jailbroken as well! thanks again Massie

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not really...the only "risk" here is that he'll end up at the current Apple firmware that comes with any brand-new iPhone.

Or did you mean he's at risk of losing all the wonderful added functionality that comes with jailbreaking? In that case, I agree!

Are there improvements that could be made to the current iOS? Of course. Do I feel that I need them enough to risk all the headache/ possible loss of data if something were to go wrong while jailbreaking? Not in a million years.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
Are there improvements that could be made to the current iOS? Of course. Do I feel that I need them enough to risk all the headache/ possible loss of data if something were to go wrong while jailbreaking? Not in a million years.

The only data I have ever lost through a jailbreak was my progress in a couple of games. And honestly I wasn't that broken up about it because I have yet to find a game I'm seriously invested in.

Any app data can be retrieved when restoring to a backup. Any personal information such as contacts can (should) be synced to the cloud.

Now if your phone is issued by work it's another story, as it technically might not even be yours.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73