Keypad Coming On While On A Call

SHEDGES

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a quick question to determine if something is wrong with my i4. When you answer a call and place the phone to your ear, the screen goes black to conserve battery life. Is anyone having an issue with the screen/keypad coming back on while the phone is still to your ear? I thought I could see the red "End Call" text at the bottom of the phone while I've been on a call but didn't pay much attention. I was on a call last night and walked into my bathroom and I could see the screen on in the mirror while it was still against my ear. At one point it started to almost flash. Screen on, then off, then on...

Has anyone else noticed this? I have the phone stuck to my ear, I'm not moving it or taking it away. The phone is only a week old and I never noticed it with my 3gs. Any thoughts???

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe that you are experiencing the all-to-common proximity issue. Apple is supposed to fix it with the v4.1 release of iOS4. In the meantime, while on a call, I press the HOME button which navigates you away from the call screen and prevents the other issues relative to the proximity issue - hanging up, changing to speaker or muting the call. It's a PITA, but hopefully a fix is coming soon.

And yes, it's a problem, but not just for your phone - it's a universal problem for now.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's a known issue. It should be resolved in September with the next software update. In the meantime, just press the home button while on a call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox