Anyone know how I could ftp a "MED" quality HD (.mov) clip to MY website from within phone4??
    Objective: To ftp a "MEDIUM" resolution clip to my website from within my iPhone4 so that a friend could simply click an MMS link I provided him to view Safari/Quicktime?

HD compression in the native iPhone MMS video is horrible. Raw files are too big. Ideally, the default compression that Iphone4 uses for email attachment is perfect...ALTHOUGH, I wanted to send link via text. I DO NOT want to have him rely on checking his email every time.

I want to avoid YouTube or similar regardless of compression...objective is to access file from my domain.

Further thoughts;
    What is the BEST ftp client to use from within iPhone4?
    Possible to use a 2nd party compression utility/app from within iPhone4 for raw .MOV prior to ftp?
    Possible to utilize the default email attachment HD compression (as a function to reduce file size) then access .MOV in "Ifile" or similar from within an iPhone directory? What would that directory/folder be?

*Prefer not to e-mail myself video, download, then upload again.
    *fyi...3G unrestrictor installed.

Thanks for helping me out!
    08-22-2010 01:18 AM
    Have you considered something like Dropbox?
    08-22-2010 09:41 AM
    Alli,
    Thanks for the input regarding Dropbox. It's also a good solution for the storage aspect of my dilemma. Thanks so much for the getback. Currently looking at video tutorials of Dropbox!

Best!
    08-22-2010 03:12 PM
    are you jailbroken?
    08-22-2010 03:15 PM
    Yes, Jailbroken.

Explored a few options...trying to streamline the process with whatever is best suited as I'll be posting many clips that I wanted to provide a quick text link to that could be opened automatically.
    08-22-2010 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD