Can anyone help me stressed out with this!!!

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure someone has experinced this problem, hopefully you have and have an answer for me. I'm new to Iphone, I've had an ipod touch for a few years tho. I can connect my ipod to my personal computer and to the computer at my parents house and everything works fine. When i connect my iphone to my personal computer it functions normally, but when i connect it to my parents computer (same that i use for ipod touch) it opens itunes normally but all my music and videos are greyed out. I can't edit play or do anything on my phone that doesn't say delete all. Why is this and how do i fix it please??:confused:

Thank you in advance for your help

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
OK, so the first screenshot is of an iTunes library that I didn't set up my iPhone with. When I go to select 'Sync Music', that warning message pops up. (As long as you don't select to sync music/apps/books/tv shows/movies, you can syn with more than one iTunes library [data such as contacts, etc only])

If you want to be able to put music from the second library on the phone, have the check box that is in the second screenshot selected in the second iTunes library. (NOTE: doing this you will have to manually drag-and-drop media to the phone on both iTunes libraries and any media from the second iTunes library cannot be transferred to the primary iTunes library, and vise versa)

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
@killthelights32

your pictures are what i see yes but when i check that box on my second computer it prompts me that it wants to erase my iphone completely and sync to the new computer

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't if its selected on your computer only. If it's just apps then on the second computer it might pop up asking to transfer purchases to the iTunes library. Do that. Then it won't come up again. You'll need to sign into your iTunes account on that second computer.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
What is your goal?? As someone stated before, this is normal to prevent piracy of music and apps. How many devices do you have authorized in your iTunes account. We are only allowed five different devices.

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My goal is to be able to edit my iphone on both my laptop and my desktop. I can do this with both my ipods very easily, but my iphone won't cooperate. it show's editable on one computer, and greyed out on the other. i only have 3 of the 5 used.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
so you have two ipods on both computers and an iphone on both computers? try de-authorizing one of the ipods i think that you have too many devices on one account. I am not sure how itunes counts it but it might be what is happening. because I think your computers also count as devices...

open itunes go to itunes store click on your name in the top right hand corner and enter your password. at the bottom of the first square (section) it will tell yo how many devices you have authorized.

Last edited:

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank everyone on the help that was provided to me in this forum i have tried all of your tips multiple times and i'm still unable to get it to work. i guess it's just not possible thanks again for your time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal