I'm a recent convert from Blackberry to iPhone4, and for some reason I can't pair the iPhone with the audio system in my 2010 Subaru Legacy. When I get to the part where it asks me to type in the passcode it displays for the phone, I do that and nothing happens. The car just keeps searching for the phone, and eventually it gives up. This was a piece of cake with the Blackberry, and I'm perplexed about why it's not pairing with the iPhone. ANy ideas?
    08-27-2010 09:44 PM
    Also, I stream music from my iPhone to my car stereo via bluetooth, and it'll cut out and then continue every once in awhile. My iPhone 3G never did that.
    08-28-2010 03:31 AM
    I've found this with both my Q1 and my Icon. More often they're fine if I start the conversation with them, but if I answer the phone and then try to turn on BT to complete a conversation, the person at the other end complains that I've just submerged.

I have his same trouble and have found when this happens. It only occurs for me when I pair my phone in mid conversation. I have the same trouble with my jvc car stereo. As long as I pair my device before making a call then it works perfect. Is this the same for everyone?
    08-28-2010 08:29 AM
    Seems like a very common problem. I was using a Jawbone Icon and people started telling me I sounded like I was under water. I deleted it and repaired it with the phone and I think that helped for a bit. But the problem kept coming back.

The headphone worked extremely well with my old Palm Pre and with the Evo I tried for 3 weeks before I switched to AT&T and the iPhone 4. But till 4.1 comes out and hopefully fixes the issue, I am using a wired headset or just the handset. Stinks, but I talk to customers all day and just can't have these problems.
    08-28-2010 10:37 PM
    The BT receiver in the iPhone is really pickyit's always been that way for me. I'd try to figure out where in the car the BT receiver is, and put the iPhone closest to that spot.
    08-29-2010 11:16 AM
    A few months prior to purchasing my iphone4 on launch day, I purchased a Plantetronics bluetooth. It did not work at all with the new iphone4. No one could hear me. Not being able to handle talking without bluetooth, I purchased the Jawbone icon. It works most of the time but if my iphone4 is in my purse or pocket people will tell me they cannot hear me or I am muffled. Sometimes when the iphone4 is out in the open the Jawbone still does not have a good connection and I have to give up and use the phone regular. I have a bad habit of letting my face mute the phone or hang up when talking regular.
    08-30-2010 10:32 AM
    I'm having a BT issue as well, I use a Parrot car kit, the BT on the iphone just turns off when it's connected. Sometimes it works great sometimes it doesn't. Never had this issue with my Palm. Hopefully they'll have a fix for it soon. Love the iphone.
    08-30-2010 12:15 PM
    I have the problem with above headset. Really sketchy. Never did that on my 3GS. Definitely a problem with the iPhone 4 antenna... and that's even when I'm not holding it in the grip of death.
    08-30-2010 09:59 PM
    my headset randomly disco's and i have to manually reconnect either going to setting or powering it off and restarting
    08-30-2010 10:50 PM
    have pretty much the same issue..Hopefully this issue gets resolved in the next update!
    08-31-2010 08:29 AM
    The BT receiver in the iPhone is really pickyit's always been that way for me. I'd try to figure out where in the car the BT receiver is, and put the iPhone closest to that spot.
    This worked. I slowly waved the iPhone all over the front of the passenger compartment, from the overhead console to the radio to under the dash, and somewhere in there the car and the phone found each other. Paired! Thanks.
    08-31-2010 09:37 PM
    this is driving me nuts

my jawbone prime will unpair then pair then unpair then pair however when im on a call it retains a connection...

...need...4.1....asap!
    09-02-2010 07:12 PM
    Anyone see improved sound quality with a Bluetooth headset with the 4.1 upgrade? I haven't upgraded yet, but my wife has been complaining the last few weeks that I sound like I'm in a windtunnel. I have a Motorola Bluetooth headset (I don't remember the specific model off-hand), and I don't think she ever complained about it when I was still using my 3GS.
    09-08-2010 02:51 PM
    So far, GREAT improvement. Only thing I've yet to try is turning on the BT midway through a call - that was always a big fail.
    09-08-2010 06:17 PM
    My favorite part of 4.1 is AVRCP and it works great on my Motorola S9-HD stereo headphones. Since upgrading I noticed a huge improvement with sound quality but I also noticed a slight decrease in range but nothing too bad.
    09-08-2010 11:51 PM
    The only difference with iOs 4.1 so far is that, instead of saying I sound muffled or underwater, the people that I am ATTEMPTING to talk to now say that they're losing most of my conversation entirely. I have a Jawbone 2, Jawbone Icon, and a Motorola something-or-other that I bought in complete desperation before I found out the problem was the OS, not the device. I have reset my phone, deleted and re-paired the bluetooth devices - so far no joy. I have been a loyal Apple customer since 1985, but this is sure causing me to rethink my loyalty to the company. It's pretty frustrating to be completely unable to safely use my phone when I am traveling - isn't that part of the reason for a "mobile phone" in the first place?
    09-24-2010 04:21 PM
    I'm trying to connect to my pioneer bt radio. Always worked on the 3G but now it just says "not paired" and I can click it all I want, to no effect.
    The solution was: turn radio on standby, delete iPhone from bt menu, turn on and re-pair....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-19-2011 02:45 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD