1. killthelights32's Avatar
    So I have hyad my iPhone 4 for about a week and a half now and it is awesome. Everything works great, but something happened earlier today and it caused something to happen on my phone.

    While my iPhone 4 was plugged in and charging, my cat thought it would be a good idea to eat through my USB cord. I woke up and saw the cord, flipped out, and looked at the phone. The battery percentage was at 100%.

    I've been using it for only about eight hours, and usually that brings me down to maybe 70%. But on my break I noticed that the battery was at 30%. :\

    I'm hoping that once I get home, at which time the battery will have fully drained at this rate, and recharge it with my spare cord (whew) that the battery life should get back to normal, but my question is why it is doing this in the first place? With the cord chewed through there wasn't any power going to the phone...?

    Needless to say my cat isn't allowed in my room anymore. He's chewed through this and two pairs of headphones and has tried chewing through my MacBook Pro cord, although that didn't last long because I flipped out on him and he spent a lot of time for a while in his kennel...
    08-18-2010 06:39 AM
  2. killthelights32's Avatar
    Alright so I drained the battery and plugged the phone into the wall plug with the spare USB cord before going to sleep and it charged the phone up to 48% before the power cut off. Seems that when the cat chewed the USB cord it shorted something in the wall charger. I plugged the phone into the computer and it charged fully and is consuming power like it did before this happened

    Problem solved (whew!)
    08-18-2010 07:02 PM
  3. ghostface147's Avatar
    Glad we could read and not contribute to your thread.
    08-18-2010 07:56 PM
  4. killthelights32's Avatar
    Haha thanks! :P
    08-18-2010 10:43 PM
  5. OmariJames's Avatar
    kill the cat.
    08-19-2010 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD