My wife had the iPhone 2G and I had a Palm Centro and we now both have the iPhone4. We got our phones at Best Buy on launch day and they said they were able to keep her old data plan for $20 including 200 messages. However when we recieved our bill there were several issues and her data alone was $45.66 which is the most glaring mystery. Of course the bill came while we were out of town for a few weeks and now that I'm back I am trying to make sense of it. When I was talking to a AT&T rep they said she couldn't keep her old plan and I couldn't get a straight answer on the rest of the charges.

Mainly I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems keeping their old 2G plan and other mystery charges that ballooned our bill to almost double?

Thanks
    08-14-2010 04:48 PM
    well the 20 dollar plan is for edge only data thats why it went up as far as why its 45 bucks I have no clue
    08-14-2010 05:14 PM
    It is $30 for the unlimited data plan and should be $5 for the 200 SMS plan. Maybe they put her on a different message plan. The data is not more than $30.
    08-14-2010 05:56 PM
    If u upgraded mid cycle then it's prorated, that's y it's not just the $30 data charge.
    08-14-2010 11:01 PM
    Thanks everyone, you were all a big help. It turned out that the AT&T liason at Best Buy gave them wrong information and AT&T charged my wife 30 for unlimited data, a pro rated amount and pay-per-use messaging (Ouch!). Also something had gotten messed up with my account and in general our rates were wrong. AT&T was very helpful in sorting it out and correcting my bill.
    Thanks again.
    08-14-2010 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD