Transfer contacts from Torch and iPhone 4

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Does the Torch have a mini sim or a full sized sim? If it has a mini sim, you could save your contacts to the sim and then use the Import SIM Contacts feature on the iPhone.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
No the sim card is regular.

alli:

Sync is not working.

I have 3 email accounts on my blackberry 1.) gmail 2.) hotmail 3.) yahoo

there for I have contact list for my gmail and yahoo account, but I also have a contact list that is called unknown and there is not a drop down box for wirelss sync. What I need to figure out is how I can have all of my contacts from the unknown list be sync up to gmail.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The torch is great, I end up using that more throughout the day, but for pictures, twitter and videoing my kids I use the iphone instead of a camera, much easier to carry .

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
No the sim card is regular.

alli:

Sync is not working.

I have 3 email accounts on my blackberry 1.) gmail 2.) hotmail 3.) yahoo

there for I have contact list for my gmail and yahoo account, but I also have a contact list that is called unknown and there is not a drop down box for wirelss sync. What I need to figure out is how I can have all of my contacts from the unknown list be sync up to gmail.

Download the google sync app on your Torch from m.google.com

Then you can sync your contacts with google. Then from your iPhone set up gmail as an exchange account (Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help)

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Then you can sync your contacts with google. Then from your iPhone set up gmail as an exchange account /QUOTE]

I have done all of that, but google sync will not sync the contacts from the unknown list. Any clue on how to sync the unknown list to google?

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site

Then you can sync your contacts with google. Then from your iPhone set up gmail as an exchange account /QUOTE]

I have done all of that, but google sync will not sync the contacts from the unknown list. Any clue on how to sync the unknown list to google?

Hmm, it sounds like your unkown list is not set as the devices default. With a BlackBerry you can have multiple contact lists, but only one can be set as the default (usually used with phones that people use for both personal and corporate.)

Try switching your default contact list and see if that works:

1. In the device options, click Advanced Options.
2. Click Default Services.
3. Change the Contact List (SYNC) field.
4. Click the trackwheel.
5. Click Save.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, it sounds like your unkown list is not set as the devices default. With a BlackBerry you can have multiple contact lists, but only one can be set as the default (usually used with phones that people use for both personal and corporate.)

Try switching your default contact list and see if that works:

1. In the device options, click Advanced Options.
2. Click Default Services.
3. Change the Contact List (SYNC) field.
4. Click the trackwheel.
5. Click Save.

You are getting closer, but when I go to the contact list only gmail is available (I deleted my yahoo email account since I no longer use it). There is no unknown list. Any other suggestions?

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I would do the following:

1. Open the sync app and hit the menu button. Sign out of the app, which will clear any sync settings.

2. Open your email settings and remove then re add your gmail account.

3. Re sign in on your sync app and see if that gets it to go.

Sometimes it just needs a 'clean' start. Has worked for me in the past.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal