I'd say all the time. Definitely at night. On my one hour commutes in car, it sits in a dock charging as it streams & navigates away. At work, it sits in a dock if i'm in my office. Basically it stays close to a 100% all day unless i'm at a client. Probably hardly drops below 50% in daily usage. Living with smartphones for years basically trained me to charge whenever.
    08-16-2010 08:49 AM
    when the battery goes lower than 50%, that's my cue which happens about every night. I let it drain once every two weeks.
    08-16-2010 09:22 AM
    plug it in when I go to bed every night
    08-16-2010 10:05 AM
    I'd say all the time. Definitely at night. On my one hour commutes in car, it sits in a dock charging as it streams & navigates away. At work, it sits in a dock if i'm in my office. Basically it stays close to a 100% all day unless i'm at a client. Probably hardly drops below 50% in daily usage. Living with smartphones for years basically trained me to charge whenever.
    Same here. But the battery life on the 4 may retrain me.
    08-16-2010 12:55 PM
    I honestly think when normal people charge it at night. They allow the device to be some distance away from them...maybe in another room God forbid. Mine charges in the Kitchen on the counter when Im sleep. I love my phone but there are periods of the day its not up my azz.
    Thanks for recognizing that I am not "normal people."

I have been known to be in a different room than my iPad but never my iPhone.
    09-02-2010 05:51 PM
    I honestly think when normal people charge it at night. They allow the device to be some distance away from them...maybe in another room God forbid. Mine charges in the Kitchen on the counter when Im sleep. I love my phone but there are periods of the day its not up my azz.
    Just because it's charging overnight doesn't mean it has to be on my bed.
    Plus I don't wear pajamas. It's the full monty for me
    Thanks for recognizing that I am not "normal people."

I have been known to be in a different room than my iPad but never my iPhone.
    Had I been drinking something when I read this thread, it would have surely sprayed out my nose! LOLOLOL! (NOW I know where all the funny people from CB went!)

And to get to the point....once a day.
    09-02-2010 09:02 PM
    My battery is only about 50% at the end of the day, but I plug it in on my nightstand every night so it gets charged daily.
    09-02-2010 10:05 PM
    Nightly. I'm down to <20% by 11 pm or so.
    09-03-2010 01:56 AM
    every night with heavy usage. if not every other night but its mostly every night
    09-03-2010 06:59 AM
    Had I been drinking something when I read this thread, it would have surely sprayed out my nose! LOLOLOL! (NOW I know where all the funny people from CB went!)

And to get to the point....once a day.
    Most iPhone users are "normal;" statistically we define it.

That is more than can be said for Tipb contributors.
    09-03-2010 09:05 AM
    Every night
    I used to charge it every other day... I really don't like to charge my iPhone for almost every day coz it will easy damage my battery in time.
    09-03-2010 09:26 AM
    I charge every other night and my battery rarely drops
    Below 20% I came from a BB storm 2 battery life on
    that thing was horrible
    09-03-2010 11:13 AM
    Every night or every other night depending on usage. The iPhone 4 has really good battery life for a device that powerful.
    09-03-2010 11:24 AM
    I tend to charge mine whenever I am at my desk. So it is typically at full charge. Just habit though as my IP4 can easily make it through a full day. And I always charge it at night.
    Wow... Lol. I don't get fantastic life what-so-ever. I mean, it's good for the iphone! But I'm coming from a lot of blackberries (8100, 8300, 8800, 8900, 9000, 9500, 9520, and the 9700) and when I saw the 9800 and saw that it isn't improved at all, well, then BUH BYE Blackberry! Lol. Blackberry is really good at battery life though (with their compression and low-clocked processors), and push messaging. So I'm used to pushing out 1,000-1,500 emails, IMs and FBs tweets etc. So now I'm on the iphone 4. LOVE IT. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, except the battery life. I've recharged twice today. I use this thing for ALL my messaging needs. I've had it for 2 days now, (3, cuz today is saturday already in Spain! 12:11 AM) and I run this thing into the ground. I've charged it TWICE today! 3G off, GPRS/EDGE for data, unless it's something taht I really need, then wifi. I mostly use apps, and not browsing. So EDGE is fine for me .

I love the iphone 4.

To Sum it up: twice a day on gprs / edge /wifi. I can't image what it would be like on 3g :s.
    09-03-2010 06:12 PM
    every night if im using it a lot within the day and if im working the next day
    but if im not working usually a day and a half
    09-05-2010 02:07 AM
    Mine stays on a charger almost all the time, especially for tethering...and i havent noticed any change in battery life or anything.
    09-07-2010 12:17 PM
    I charge mine every other day which can be considered "infrequently".
    09-07-2010 02:14 PM
    I charge it every night. I get poor reception in my office at work, combined with my constant web searches and game playing, my IP4 is thirsty by nights end. Overall I think the battery life is great compared to other smartphones out there.
    09-07-2010 10:29 PM
    Hi there' I charge my 3g once every 36 hours and I use it a lot. It sounds like I got a good one comparing it to other peoples iPhones! BTW I usually let the battery run out to around 10% then give a full charge.
    09-08-2010 05:41 AM
    I charge every 3 or 4 days as my 2 year old 3G usually gets around 2.5-3+ days of standby with 4-6 hours of usage and even then it's barely reached only 20%.
    09-08-2010 06:14 AM
    I charge every night. The thought of my iPhone dying the next day and being caught without a charger terrifies me. But, I am on my phone constantly throughout the day, so it's incredibly normal for my phone to be at less than 10% by bed time...and it's not getting tangled in the sheets or my hair. It's on my window sill.
    09-12-2010 10:45 PM
    i have a car charger and an ihome speaker at the office. it stays on either when i'm near them.
    09-12-2010 10:46 PM
    I want to say every other day but realistically probably every night. I have been able to charge it every other night with light to normal usage. But I charge it every night just to be safe because you never know when you might need to use it a lot.
    09-17-2010 02:24 AM
    Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation
    09-24-2010 02:29 PM
    Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation
    Thanks for reminding us of this. What we learn from one technology may distort our behavior with another.
    09-24-2010 04:17 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD