Dropped phone, broken screen - devastated

theSchwill

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So getting into my car yesterday, my iPhone 4 took a short tumble. I had only had it over a month! I'm pretty upset about it. I had read on the Apple forums how some users had had luck explaining their story to a genius at an Apple store, and getting their phone fixed for free. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and has had any luck with an apple store or even phone support with getting their phone fixed.

The $199 screen replacement fee if just too much for me at this time. I have never dropped my iPhone 3G before, and this is the first time my iPhone 4 has been dropped. I can't believe it!:confused: Any help or stories that anyone wants to share would be appreciated.

* sorry if this is already a thread somewhere *

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
You must be absolutely gutted. I know I would be.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but ctt1wbw is right, it might not have been damaged if it was in a case.

I do hope you can get it sorted FOC.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Don't no bout apple helping u out, but here in dc in some malls have places that fixes cracked phone screens. U might want to check with ur local mall and see if they have any of these places I think they charge $100 here in dc, it's better than walkin around with a broke phone, good luck hope u find something...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So getting into my car yesterday, my iPhone 4 took a short tumble. I had only had it over a month! I'm pretty upset about it. I had read on the Apple forums how some users had had luck explaining their story to a genius at an Apple store, and getting their phone fixed for free. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and has had any luck with an apple store or even phone support with getting their phone fixed.

The $199 screen replacement fee if just too much for me at this time. I have never dropped my iPhone 3G before, and this is the first time my iPhone 4 has been dropped. I can't believe it!:confused: Any help or stories that anyone wants to share would be appreciated.

i know Bumpers don't give much protection... just curious if you had one on... I'm always going back and forth with my Bumper or off... it's love/hate ;)

sorry about your misfortune though... that really sucks! :(

maybe you can find a repair place that will do for <199 ... i believe some do it for 125, but maybe that was for <iP4 ... although changing screen on iP4 seems like it might be easier...

theSchwill

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Well the irony is I had a bumper, but had it off so I could use my crappy FM transmitter in the car.

Thanks for making the dock connector port on the Bumper only fit the newer smaller plugs!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

You are grieving. Five stages. Time heals all.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's why you should have a. a case, and b. Squaretrade insurance.

When he was tiny, my godson, the Frog Prince, used to say, "Accidents happen;" the wisdom of the innocent. They just do. Even with due care, they still happen. There is no such thing as perfect security and even if there were, you would not like it very much.

I am not much on "insurance" for electronics and appliances but mostly because I am very liquid. However, this is a situation that demonstrates the value. If you love it and could not replace it out of pocket, insure it.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That's why you should have a. a case, and b. Squaretrade insurance.

still doesn't guarantee anything... i personally know a dude who's screen still cracked after dropping and he has the Bumper case on it... not the most protective, but still...

and frankly, imo insurance is the biggest scam going... may as well just put money into a savings account to cover for damage if it occurs... if it doesn't, you have cash earning interest... i lump insurance with banks, lawyers and ponzy schemes...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't blame you for not having a case on your iPhone.. its just too pretty to cover up, lol!

here here...

i have the free Bumper and used it for a bit, but then when I take it off, i remember why i hate cases... the feels proper without a case... naked is best! :D

that comes with risks (scratches, dropping), but I think i'll take my chances... and if going to somewhere like a bar or concert or a place where i might get "bumped" into, the Bumper - pun intented - will get put on...

i do have a rear screen protector installed on the back at least, to mitigate scratches on the back... tried one on the front, but the smudging was out of control... the olephobic glass is much better, so again, will take my chance there...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I actually like my bumper. My phone is only riding bareback when at home, before I crash and just reading some last minute sites.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
here here...

i have the free Bumper and used it for a bit, but then when I take it off, i remember why i hate cases... the feels proper without a case... naked is best! :D

that comes with risks (scratches, dropping), but I think i'll take my chances... and if going to somewhere like a bar or concert or a place where i might get "bumped" into, the Bumper - pun intented - will get put on...

i do have a rear screen protector installed on the back at least, to mitigate scratches on the back... tried one on the front, but the smudging was out of control... the olephobic glass is much better, so again, will take my chance there...

I have a love/hate relationship with my White Bumper.. Sometimes it looks good, others it just makes the phone feel cheap to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW