Hello,

I have a questions that I think someone here will be able to answer.

I have an IPhone 4 and I also have a 3g(wife's phone) I installed all the updates of the os, but it has taken the 3G phone to a crawl. It takes forever to load and everything.

So the questions are is anyone else having this problem and do you have an suggestions on how to fix?

Can I go back to an old os that does not slow down the phone?

Thanks
    08-07-2010 09:32 AM
    Allegedly if you disable the spotlight search it may speed things up on the 3G.

I believe you might be able to downgrade the 3G. Having never owned one, I'm not terribly familiar with the 3G but I'm fairly certain it does not have SHSH blobs that are signed by Apple. You might be able to find a tutorial on how to downgrade the 3G back to 3.1.3 or earlier
    08-07-2010 09:45 AM
    Thanks for the info I am still not having much luck. I am still working on shutting off spotlight search there are no options that I can find under settings, There has to be more people who are having this problem.
    08-07-2010 10:07 AM
    Go to settings>>general>>spotlight search... Then tap on everything that has a checkmark this will uncheck these items. If none are checked then spotlight search will essentially be disabled.
    08-07-2010 10:35 AM
    Thanks for the info I am still not having much luck. I am still working on shutting off spotlight search there are no options that I can find under settings, There has to be more people who are having this problem.
    I honestly cannot recommend using iOS4 on an iPhone 3G as it will slow it down considerably. That OS was just designed for a phone with more RAM. Return to iPhone OS 3.1.3 and you'll see the speed pick right back up. If you miss using folders, you can always jailbreak and use categories or some other Cydia equivalent.
    Last edited by Watcher; 08-07-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    08-07-2010 01:06 PM
    Worst mistake and unfortunately you can't go back. However, if you have it under warranty (the extended AppleCare), go to the Apple store and ***** up a storm. That's what I did and they gave me a new 3G with the old operating system on it. I just don't upgrade it.
    08-07-2010 01:57 PM
    I noticed that some of my coworkers have mixed results with their 3gs and 4.01. Not sure if its a solution the will help you but the coworker that his phone is working "ok" restored his iphone and chose to use the "new phone" choice instead of using a "back up". but again it could be that he is OK with the performance and doesn't care much how fast it is.
    08-07-2010 02:36 PM
    Worst mistake and unfortunately you can't go back.
    huh? i have a 3G and was on 4.0 and 4.0.1 then went back to 3.1.2

4.1 looks promising, in regards to better performance on the 3G, well see
    08-07-2010 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD