I have two concerns I was wondering if anyone else had noticed. 1st, I noticed that my iPhone can get pretty warm whenever it is downloading stuff, particularly when my exchange accounts are syncing. It even happens after heavy usage (which I admit has been alot since I got the phone). Is this normal? If not, should I do something about it, and if so, what should I do?

Second - I have noticed three times now when my phone has been in sleep mode and I go to press the home key, the phone is unresponsive. I'll press it three times then nothing happens, wait few seconds and then I get the lock screen. Is that normal? Or is it cause for concern?

Thanks for the help!
    08-03-2010 12:05 PM
    Second - I have noticed three times now when my phone has been in sleep mode and I go to press the home key, the phone is unresponsive. I'll press it three times then nothing happens, wait few seconds and then I get the lock screen. Is that normal? Or is it cause for concern?

Thanks for the help!

Did you jailbreak and add any apps or utilities via Cydia or Rock? I have noticed that after adding things via the Jailbreak, my lock-screen can become unresponsive at times.
    08-03-2010 12:10 PM
    Nope- no jail breaking. I have added a few apps, but not by jailbreaking it.
    08-03-2010 01:04 PM
    Getting warm is nothing new. Especially if you are a heavy user, which your comments alude to. As for the other issue, I don't know what to tell you.
    08-03-2010 01:42 PM
    This used to happen to me a lot with my old iPhone 3G. It still happens with my iP4, but relatively rarely (once every two days?). Either way, it's definitely no cause for concern; I've had no problems with either phone.
    08-03-2010 02:08 PM
    @ghostface - yeah I do use it quite a bit. So if I put it in a case, i won't overheat it?
    08-03-2010 02:30 PM
    Not at all. The phone has internal sensors that will shut it down if it gets too hot. I've played angry birds for a long time and while it gets hot, it doesn't get shutdown.
    08-03-2010 03:07 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the help!
    08-03-2010 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD