I have a folder on my pc that I get photos off of since i have to restore as new. So they are all taken from an iPhone but during each sync it has to optimize each photo I have 855. So is there a way to fix this, it make the sync take forever. I have it set to sync photo from and selected folders if that helps. Thanks you.
    07-31-2010 02:39 AM
    Hmm, that sounds really weird. Maybe it is because the images are low res or something. That is weird. Uhh.. Restore?
    07-31-2010 04:45 AM
    It is optimizing the pics from your computer to transfer to your iphone. Yes it will do this each and every time if you have it checked off in itunes for your photos to transfer from comp to iphone. Just uncheck this in the photos tab in itunes whe nyou have your phone plugged in.
    07-31-2010 09:18 AM
    Yep, they're right. If you want those photos on you phone it will optimize it if you don't then uncheck that photo folder and it won't take so long.
    07-31-2010 09:43 AM
    Mine don't optimize each time. Only when I've added new photos.
    07-31-2010 09:43 AM
    Yes i want them on my phone and NO i will not be restoring again I just did that as a new phone. So I guess ill have to uncheck it, its just strange to me that it wants to optimize when i didnt and anymore pics. Wait I have an idea not sure if it holds water but i do sync my old 3gs as well there is a chance like buddhistgirafe said about low res pics, they may sync with the 3gs and change then have to change again when i sync the i4. Im going to test this and let you guys know.
    07-31-2010 01:57 PM
    That sounds entirely likely!
    07-31-2010 02:14 PM
    ok so after telling the 3gs not to sync pic then i let the i4 do the whole optimizing thing now all my pictures from the folder just show as a black box in that space. I can only see pic in my camera roll and videos. gonna reset my phone.......it worked the pics are back. Going to sync once more to see what happens.
    07-31-2010 02:21 PM
    Ok we are done here Its working fast Like it should. Thanks buddhistgirafe you gave me the idea to fix my problem. So to sum it up syncing an i4 and a 3gs will cause picture to shift back and forth in resolution so it is best uncheck the sync from folders option on one device and then add itback one when you add new photos. Going back and forth will cause long sync times for you i4 when it boost the resolution. Thanks guy this is the best forum.
    07-31-2010 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD