Syncing iPhone to new computer

gnedc

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
My wife's new iPhone 4 just came by FedEx and wouldn't you know it, the hard drive on her iMac died the same day. The hard drive is now being replaced, but when I get the iMac back, I need to back up my wife's 3GS to the new hard drive, that won't recognize the iPhone. After the backup of the 3GS, I then will have to sychronize the new iPhone 4. In short, how do I get her "stuff" from her 3GS to her 4, through a brand new hard drive, without losing anything???

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife's new iPhone 4 just came by FedEx and wouldn't you know it, the hard drive on her iMac died the same day. The hard drive is now being replaced, but when I get the iMac back, I need to back up my wife's 3GS to the new hard drive, that won't recognize the iPhone. After the backup of the 3GS, I then will have to sychronize the new iPhone 4. In short, how do I get her "stuff" from her 3GS to her 4, through a brand new hard drive, without losing anything???

Are you reasonably near an Apple store? They have a black box that can transfer the data between phones. They used it to transfer all my contacts info from my old Blackberry to my new iPhone4. They should be able to help you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
By her "stuff," do you mean contacts/calendar or music/apps? Cause contacts/calendar is simple - just sync the iPhone to Google and you'll never worry again.