Room mate's 3GS has no visual voicemail. He's just been doing the normal voicemail. How do I set this up for him?
    07-28-2010 02:06 PM
    Ask him to call AT&T and have them enable it. I've had this problem many times and the only way to deal with it is to call your provider.
    07-28-2010 02:24 PM
    Is this a brand new iPhone 3GS? Is the sim card attached to an iPhone data plan?
    07-28-2010 02:43 PM
    Is this a brand new iPhone 3GS? Is the sim card attached to an iPhone data plan?
    Yes. and Yes. We're calling AT&T at this moment.
    07-28-2010 02:44 PM
    Ah, cool. There are some other items that can cause visual voicmail issues but they wouldn't affect new iPhones. Another easy fix is that he may not have entered his 4 digit voicemail code when propmted by his iPhone the first time it tried to connect to visual voicemail.
    07-28-2010 02:56 PM
    Yes. and Yes. We're calling AT&T at this moment.
    Not to rock the boat, but why pay AT&T more $$$ when Google Voice is free and works great?

Even the mobile GV version we get on the iPhone is fast and works very well, your voicemails show up there and you can listen in any order... just a super service (and did I mention) that it's FREE

/BD
    07-29-2010 04:50 PM
    Not to rock the boat, but why pay AT&T more $$$ when Google Voice is free and works great?

Even the mobile GV version we get on the iPhone is fast and works very well, your voicemails show up there and you can listen in any order... just a super service (and did I mention) that it's FREE

/BD
    Visual Voicemail does not cost anything extra...
    07-29-2010 05:14 PM
    Visual Voicemail does not cost anything extra...
    Yes, Doh! Sorry for the brain-drain, been using GV for sometime now.

I also like the free texts/SMS and the ability to have calls to your GV# ring multiple phones at once... lots to like in fact with GV///

/BD
    07-29-2010 05:53 PM
    So, logged onto AT&T site, (room mate didn't call afterall).

They give you two options of your data plan (Weird).

We got himset up though.

07-29-2010 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD