Bummer!!!!!

martha

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Bummer!

I recently purchased an iPhone 3gs.

I loved my new iPhone. Everything seemed so well thought out and logical, but all ain't want it seems. I am no longer happy with the iPhone, nor am I happy with AT&T.

When I downloaded apps from iTunes it also downloads new software which is full of bugs, so now I can no longer see photos on my phone. I believe it downloaded 4.1 but all this electronics is over my head so I'm not sure what happened.

The AT&T salespersons that were so nice and helpful when taking my money no longer care, they say when I walked out the door they were no longer responsible for the phones, that I must go to Apple.

AT&T said my only recourse is to wait for the next update. What do I need to do? What would you do? Complain to AT&T? Complain to Apple? Wait for an update?

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
If you updated your 3gs to OS 4.0.1 then that most likely where the problem lies with your pictures. There was a warning issued (don't remember where) to back up your pics before doing the update. Your pictures (if set to sync in iTunes on your Mac/PC) should still be there. If not, you could always try restoring from a backup to a time prior to the update.

The problem from how you describe it has nothing to do with Apple or ATT and your device is not "buggy". An update will not bring your pics back but if you check what I wrote above, you might be able to get your pics back.

Good luck.

martha

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!
The photos in the 'catalog' (for lack of the proper term) are blacked out, if I click on the blacked out areas it does bring up the photo that should be in that spot (location/area). Trying to make sure I understand, Are you saying if I delete all old photos the new ones will appear as they normally would/should?

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Beta is an update for "Apple Developers" only. If you were to use it on your phone, it would disable your phone. Why? Because you're not a developer.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Martha, when you have problems like this, try rebooting your phone. Hold down the button on top until it asks you to slide to turn off. Then after it's off, just hold down the button again until it comes on. Sometimes that's all it takes to see photos in place of black spots.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Phone works exactly as JGold said, shame the AT&T people didn't know the answer.

Thanks to everyone who responded/helped!

Unfortunately AT&T is pretty useless when it comes to technical difficulties. An Apple store is by far your best bet, though you'll have to make an appointment to see a "Genius" about tech support questions. But, they really do take a lot of 1 on 1 time with you and make sure you're taken care of.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner