Has anyone else experienced an issue with no VVM notifications on the iPhone4. Everything was working and has stopped. ATT claims no VVM system issues. They blew away my voicemail and reinstalled it with no resolution. We thought that it was an issue with the local cell site (I'm in a very rural area), but I traveled to a more urban area today and still no VVM.
    07-25-2010 07:37 PM
    Fixed by restore to new
    07-26-2010 09:58 AM
    It should be asking you for a password if you just got the iPhone 4 with or without having a previous iPhone. I remember I thought I never entered a password originally but you'd have to in order to get Visual Voicemail working to begin with. If it was working on a previous iPhone you've owned, try and remember it or call your voicemail directly and enter a new password.
    07-26-2010 09:59 AM
    you definitely do not need to restore new in order to fix this. either hard reboot and see if it asks you for a password. if it doesn't, call AT&T, tell them to reprovision your data plan, then reboot your phone, after a couple minutes it will ask for your password. restoring is a little severe and unnecessary.
    07-26-2010 11:58 AM
    I spent hours on the phone with ATT tech support (3rd level) and they failed. the restore solved it...for now.
    07-26-2010 12:05 PM
    A follow-up call from AT&T yesterday informed me that there is a nationwide issue with VVM that they are working on. VVM notifications of new messages are delayed (for me) anyplace between 3 minutes and 4 hours. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    07-30-2010 11:53 AM
    Mine is working fine.
    07-30-2010 02:45 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem. What else happens if you reset the network settings? I did the reboot by holding down the two "buttons" and waiting for the Apple logo, but the problem remains.
    08-06-2010 09:40 PM
    All that won't fix it. Allocate an hour of your life and call ATT. They'll torture you and when you're done, your VVM will still be unreliable.
    08-06-2010 09:44 PM
    wtf.. spam much?
    08-06-2010 10:33 PM
    First of all try to restore the device by going to the backup & restore option. Take the backup of your data and then restore it.
    If it fails to restore the device then simply remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or higher to reset your voice mail and you are good to go.
    How to Fix Common iPhone Errors?
    05-22-2012 08:40 AM
    First of all try to restore the device by going to the backup & restore option. Take the backup of your data and then restore it.
    If it fails to restore the device then simply remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or higher to reset your voice mail and you are good to go.
    How to Fix Common iPhone Errors?
    Do you realize that this thread is over 21 months old?
    05-22-2012 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD