iP4 Running Slow...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My iP4 that I recently got as a replacement has began to act really sluggish in the last two days or so, going from page to page and opening apps. It was really snappy at first, but almost as slow as my old 3G now.

I don't have a ton of apps, but would be more than willing to delete what might be the culprit that's slowing stuff down.

Any ideas on what the problem might be...and a possible cure?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
First do a reset. Maybe something is running in background. But iOS 4 is still kinda buggy as well where you need to reset once in awhile.

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
First do a reset. Maybe something is running in background. But iOS 4 is still kinda buggy as well where you need to reset once in awhile.

Hard reset done...

Still slow...although maybe a little quicker.:(

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
What apps do you have running in the background?

Like I said in an my original post, I didn't realize the iOS would allow apps to run in the background as some traditionally do with the BlackBerry, Windows or other OS's. How can I tell what's running?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Double tap the home button. It will bring up a list of "recently used" apps. Some have a "saved state" and some actually continue to run in the background ( gps and streaming apps mostly ). You can tap and hold on the icons in the dock and close out the apps a few at a time and see if your phone gets a bit more "snappy".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73