Worth getting it?

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys i was wondering is it worth getting the new iphone 4? cause i hear many complaints about the atenna ( however you spell it). Cause at the momnet i have a iphone 3gs, and i was planning to get a ip4 cause it looks nice and all that. Feel free to post your suggestions if i should get it or not.

Also the current iphone im using, should i upgrade it to 4.0.1 or stay at 4.0? is there anything i need to know when i upgrade cause i hear they changed the atena system or something like that.

thanks guys for your help.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I think it would be well worth reading all the other threads asking and answering this very question. Then you will know if it will be worth getting the 4.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I think it's worth it to give it a try as there is no restocking fee. I am
not one to read reviews or posts to make my decisions as I am one of
many who these antenna issues did not effect.

dbjaime3

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The iphone 4 is my first smart phone, and as long as I am in a 3g area or have wifi I am very happy. I was in an edge area for 1 week and did not like it, and the public wifi at that hotel must have been over taxed because it was terrible alos. I am very please with my phone as long as i am in my 3g area

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think its a shame this antenna thing is so blown up (and really not a big deal) because this is just about the perfect smartphone that's only missing a jailbreak right now. Mission accomplished for fans of other devices.

But at least this will push apple to continue to innovate.

As to your question? There's never been a year when upgrading hasn't been this much of a nobrainer.

JHollJr

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had an iP 3g, iP 3gs, and now iP 4. The iP 4 is the best phone I've ever had. I don't even like to use my 3gs anymore. Gave the 3g away to a friend.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can upgrade your 3Gs you will get most of the features with no noticeable slowdown. Unless you are JB(Jailbroken) and Unlocked in which case if it aint broke don't break it ie. don't upgrade. There is no change to hardware in the OS 4.0.1 changes the way signal bars are displayed making them a little more truthful although I've seen a couple threads of 3Gs all of a sudden being on Edge all the time after 4.0.1 I would say get the iPhone 4 and I can't even get one yet. The antennae thing has been blown way out of proportion as people have said. Steve just announced you will get a free bumper with your purchase which seems to eliminate the problem. If you always have it in your pocket or put a case on it you'll be fine. If you don't like it as everyone said return it within 30 days for full refund and go back to your 3Gs. If you want to see why it's so great look at the top of the forum in the iPhone 4 pictures thread, search for facetime and look at the battery usage threads. Let us know what you do?:D

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPhone 4. I've had them all and I love this one best. It's such a cool phone and I think the antenna thing is and has been WAY over done! It's fantastic. AT&T now- we tolerate.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I love mine! It is fast, the display is fantastic! I was with android for a short time, but am thrilled to be back to my iPhone!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the whole antenna bs is way out of proportion and Apple and SJ did a good job showing hey ... They all do it ... My moms crappy sprint flip phone I can get to drop 3 bars if I "death grip" it ...

This was just some gizmodo bs to get the pot being stirred... I have no problems with my i4 and it gets much better reception than my 3GS did

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2