Canadian iPhone 4

needsmoar

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
3 week delay online on launch day for apple.ca, went to my Telus store here, got on list, found out this afternoon they are backordered and no idea when they will arrive. fantastic Canada launch for sure.

Guess i'm going to check my local rogers store for stock

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Got it.. been too busy staring at the screen..

I'm having a problem with apps though, namely that only one of them will go on the phone...

I'll figure it out somehow..

Also though I have to say did anyone else notice that the font is very thin in a lot of text-based apps like Messages... I really find it unattractive and less easy to read.

GREAT !!!! Glad you got it !!!! ;):D;) .. Not much news about the Canadian launch here .. I am curious what all went down at the Apple stores? Was there a lot of peeps at the Rogers store you were at ???

Weird it will only let you load one app ( hope you get it worked out fast)....

Hope Rene and Georgia ( or someone post somefeed back of how the launch went at the Apple store) .

Fresh1

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If we did get the white 1s first it would be like a slap in you Americans faces not only could you have waited and crossed the border for your white phone but it would have been unlocked :p I would laugh not a mean mocking laugh just a funny giggle kind of laugh like Ha Ha(Nelson-like laugh) but we'll have to see cause the idea of canada being less lax with safety just don't sound right ie. the Mitsubishi Evo sold in US but not here.

Did we get slapped? Or what!? Just curious if y'all got white or not? It has been strangely quiet, probably cause everyone is playing with their new phones!

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I got mine! I went to the Apple Store at Eaton Centre at Downtown Toronto. I got there at 12:30am and I was number 57 in the line. By 8am I was out of the Apple store with a black 16GB unlocked. The line at that point was at least 600 people according to an Apple employee. I really hope that everyone got one. There was no white iPhone to be seen and Apple employees were telling anybody who asked to not hold their breath waiting for it.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Did we get slapped? Or what!? Just curious if y'all got white or not? It has been strangely quiet, probably cause everyone is playing with their new phones!

Afaik Americans just got a single slap (unlock iPhones), not dual-slap (unlocked white iPhones). At least there wasn't any at the Apple Store where I went.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
BuddhistGiraffe and Raullungo

Great to hear you got your iphone 4's ... You are going to luv it ...

Have fun with your new gadget ..

Fresh1

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
woohoo. Canada can now join in on complaining about the random reception and proximity issues!!

haha just kidding. Glad you finally got your precious. I enjoy my precious.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Nope. I ordered one from the app though, still can not get my iPhone to activate. Still waiting on the Rogers activation delays to end. Eff.

What failing exactly, activating it though iTunes? Oh and whats the name of the bloody app to order the bumber i cannot find it. I surely hope you can activate you phone soon.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
BuddhistGiraffe and Raullungo

Great to hear you got your iphone 4's ... You are going to luv it ...

Have fun with your new gadget ..

Fresh1

Thanks mate, I am having a really good time playing with it. Purchased Hero of Sparta 2 and i looks really good.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Fresh - I would love to love it, but see, I can't goddamn activate it.

Dam ... sorry to hear this ... Is it not working at all ?? or have you went through the activation process and are waiting for it to activate??

I know in the past it took a few hours for my iphone to actually activate( after i went through activation process )..

Hope you get it working fast ...

Fresh1

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
What failing exactly, activating it though iTunes? Oh and whats the name of the bloody app to order the bumber i cannot find it. I surely hope you can activate you phone soon.

Search the app store on your iphone for iphone 4 case program ....

Fresh1

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're having trouble activating you may need to either go to your carrier so they can connect it to their iTunes or you need to shut it down for 30 minutes or so. I did both took it to my carrier they had to plug it into their iTunes even though I had already plugged it in to mine. It still was searching for service so I just shut it off for an hour and everything was good. The app is called Case Program.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wish I was able to tweet while I was there but it never happend. Anyone else was at Eaton Center?? Where were you?

This is my story if it's long sorry don't read. I live in Burlington, an hour away from Eaton Center which was where I planned to go. The first train was at 5:19AM so the earliest I would get there was 6:30AM. I actually got there at 6:15AM and there was already around 500 people. This was my first Apple launch experience. I started the line on the other side of the mall infront of the Apple store. They brought us donuts, granola bars, water and coffee. So after 8 hours I was finally infront of the Apple store. I upgraded my 3G yesterday and my battery went from 96% when I got there to 7% when I was infront of the Apple store. I don't have data on my iPhone and couldn't bring my iPad. I was waiting to get near the Apple store to use their Wifi but by the time I got there my phone was at 7% :0( I would have loved to meet any TiPbers that were there. I had my DSLR and was taking quite a bit of pictures. When we got near the Apple store the Fido and Rogers systems were taking a long time to activate. So they were calling unlocked buyers up to buy and leave. I decided to get two when my cousin told me that after the stock was sold there wouldn't be more for a month and there were already tons on ebay etc. So I figured what the hell got my 32GB and an extra 16GB which I put up for sale.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Yea. The activation stuff was weird. It works now though. I called Rogers and I had to get my microSIM activated. But iTunes was not even allowing me to activate and just went to the sync screen. Either way. Works now. And oh. I can't replicate the reception issue no matter how hard I try.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I am definitely experiencing the proximity issue... I accidentally put my boyfriend on hold, which really pissed him off and he didn't believe me.... -_-...

And, I can definitely make my phone go down to 1 bar in my (basement) apartment, but reception has never been good down here.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Jello that's a shame. But for me this is my first iPhone without problems. My 2G had broken pixels, my 3G had a wifi issue. My 3GS had broken pixels and the sync conector broke. And my iPhone 4 is perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW