Canadian iPhone 4

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey mates, I just got a bit of information about MicroSIM cards. They told me at the Apple Store that the phone will not come with the SIM when you purchase the phone outright but they will have them for sale at the store. They will also activate your existing number on the new MicroSIM for you if thats what you wish. So I guess that makes purchasing the SIM card at the carrier store unnecessary. Hope this helps.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey mates, I just got a bit of information about MicroSIM cards. They told me at the Apple Store that the phone will not come with the SIM when you purchase the phone outright but they will have them for sale at the store. They will also activate your existing number on the new MicroSIM for you if thats what you wish. So I guess that makes purchasing the SIM card at the carrier store unnecessary. Hope this helps.

I hope your right, the less I have to deal with Robbers all the better. No way would I ever resign a contract with them. Once my 3 years is up, I am out. Also, I am currently on the phone with my local Apple store to ask about the activation process.

EDIT*

Just called Apple, they will have the MicroSIMs in store. They will be offered the same as the iPhone 4, first come, first serve.

Last edited:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Opening at 7 eh? Sound really good, I hope thats the case for all Apple stores. Best buy is opening at 10am! Lazy MFs! Lucky for me I am not buying it there. Anyway, something tells me that you should try to aim to be there a bit earlier if you can, but good luck and I hope you get your hand on one.

I unno. From the sounds of it I should be alright.

1) Fairview is not a big hotspot, most people will be going to the Eaton centre.
2) Not many people will be willing to shell out $800 for a phone
3) There is a Rogers store next door, I will lure some traffic over there :p
4) I just called the Fairview Apple store and they are not expecting a huge rush
5) One of my co-wrokers husband works for Apple and I have been talking to him and he may be able to get me one.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I was just about to post the same thing, went to Eaton Center to get my MicroSIM from Fido, I thought why not find out if Apple will have them since Fido wants $10 for it. The Genius said they would have them, you tell them your carrier and they will activate it with your number in the store :D So I'm living on the edge and gonna trust that I can get it that way.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to post the same thing, went to Eaton Center to get my MicroSIM from Fido, I thought why not find out if Apple will have them since Fido wants $10 for it. The Genius said they would have them, you tell them your carrier and they will activate it with your number in the store :D So I'm living on the edge and gonna trust that I can get it that way.

Should I bring my last bill with my account number or anything? Otherwise, how would they activate it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Good point I have no idea carry it with you. I don't care as long as they give me a microSIM I can activate when I get home. I live in Burlington so won't be craziness at the Fidos they just wont have the microSIM.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
That is a bummer. But at least you'll get one!!!

On another note I know a certain someone that won't be laughing too much ;)

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Jello. No offense. I'm pretty sure Apple knows a little more than some Rogers employee. And 3 hours. Wooo. Leaving my house in an hour and a half or so to head to fairview.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
And I'M pretty sure the apple.ca site says absolutely nothing regarding the availability of the white phone... :p

Apple.com sure, but that's a different country, and we can never know how apple works with this stuff really.

I'm standing in front of a Rogers plus store at bloor and Runnymede right now. :p

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Jello, are you in a line anywhere? I am leaving my house now and its about 30 mins to the closest Apple store ( Fairview) I am hearing reports of almost 300 in line.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Definitely no line here.. I was concerned not all sotores would have it but I called and was told all Rogers plus stores should have a limited quantity. I'm #1 here still.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
BUMP THAT Chobbs ... :D:D:D

Hope it all worked out and you guys got your i4's today ....

Fresh1

Got it.. been too busy staring at the screen..

I'm having a problem with apps though, namely that only one of them will go on the phone...

I'll figure it out somehow..

Also though I have to say did anyone else notice that the font is very thin in a lot of text-based apps like Messages... I really find it unattractive and less easy to read.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner