I donno guys. Rogers Employees have said to my face that they do have the white ones.. We'll see today!!!
    07-30-2010 03:47 AM
    Jello. No offense. I'm pretty sure Apple knows a little more than some Rogers employee. And 3 hours. Wooo. Leaving my house in an hour and a half or so to head to fairview.
    07-30-2010 03:54 AM
    And I'M pretty sure the apple.ca site says absolutely nothing regarding the availability of the white phone... :P

Apple.com sure, but that's a different country, and we can never know how apple works with this stuff really.

I'm standing in front of a Rogers plus store at bloor and Runnymede right now. :P
    07-30-2010 05:07 AM
    Jello, are you in a line anywhere? I am leaving my house now and its about 30 mins to the closest Apple store ( Fairview) I am hearing reports of almost 300 in line.
    07-30-2010 05:12 AM
    Definitely no line here.. I was concerned not all sotores would have it but I called and was told all Rogers plus stores should have a limited quantity. I'm #1 here still.
    07-30-2010 05:27 AM
    Hah lucky you jello. I'm sitting at 300 at yorkdale.
    07-30-2010 06:35 AM
    There's about 10 people in the line here now. Did you get yours yet!? Rogers doesn't open until 9.
    07-30-2010 08:14 AM
    Well?? Did y'all get yer phones yet?
    07-30-2010 12:35 PM
    Well?? Did y'all get yer phones yet?
    BUMP THAT Chobbs ...

Hope it all worked out and you guys got your i4's today ....

Fresh1
    07-30-2010 12:40 PM
    BUMP THAT Chobbs ...

Hope it all worked out and you guys got your i4's today ....

Fresh1
    Got it.. been too busy staring at the screen..

I'm having a problem with apps though, namely that only one of them will go on the phone...

I'll figure it out somehow..

Also though I have to say did anyone else notice that the font is very thin in a lot of text-based apps like Messages... I really find it unattractive and less easy to read.
    07-30-2010 12:47 PM
    3 week delay online on launch day for apple.ca, went to my Telus store here, got on list, found out this afternoon they are backordered and no idea when they will arrive. fantastic Canada launch for sure.

Guess i'm going to check my local rogers store for stock
    07-30-2010 01:49 PM
    Got it.. been too busy staring at the screen..

I'm having a problem with apps though, namely that only one of them will go on the phone...

I'll figure it out somehow..

Also though I have to say did anyone else notice that the font is very thin in a lot of text-based apps like Messages... I really find it unattractive and less easy to read.
    GREAT !!!! Glad you got it !!!! .. Not much news about the Canadian launch here .. I am curious what all went down at the Apple stores? Was there a lot of peeps at the Rogers store you were at ???

Weird it will only let you load one app ( hope you get it worked out fast)....

Hope Rene and Georgia ( or someone post somefeed back of how the launch went at the Apple store) .

Fresh1
    Last edited by fresh1; 07-30-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    07-30-2010 03:12 PM
    If we did get the white 1s first it would be like a slap in you Americans faces not only could you have waited and crossed the border for your white phone but it would have been unlocked I would laugh not a mean mocking laugh just a funny giggle kind of laugh like Ha Ha(Nelson-like laugh) but we'll have to see cause the idea of canada being less lax with safety just don't sound right ie. the Mitsubishi Evo sold in US but not here.
    Did we get slapped? Or what!? Just curious if y'all got white or not? It has been strangely quiet, probably cause everyone is playing with their new phones!
    07-30-2010 04:05 PM
    I got mine! I went to the Apple Store at Eaton Centre at Downtown Toronto. I got there at 12:30am and I was number 57 in the line. By 8am I was out of the Apple store with a black 16GB unlocked. The line at that point was at least 600 people according to an Apple employee. I really hope that everyone got one. There was no white iPhone to be seen and Apple employees were telling anybody who asked to not hold their breath waiting for it.
    07-30-2010 04:19 PM
    Spent 7 hours at the Yorkdale Mall. Walked home with a shiny unlocked 32GB iPhone 4. Activating it with Rogers now.
    07-30-2010 04:31 PM
    Spent 7 hours at the Yorkdale Mall. Walked home with a shiny unlocked 32GB iPhone 4. Activating it with Rogers now.
    I am glad you got one! Did they have bumpers at Yorkdale?
    07-30-2010 04:44 PM
    Did we get slapped? Or what!? Just curious if y'all got white or not? It has been strangely quiet, probably cause everyone is playing with their new phones!
    Afaik Americans just got a single slap (unlock iPhones), not dual-slap (unlocked white iPhones). At least there wasn't any at the Apple Store where I went.
    07-30-2010 05:02 PM
    I am glad you got one! Did they have bumpers at Yorkdale?
    Nope. I ordered one from the app though, still can not get my iPhone to activate. Still waiting on the Rogers activation delays to end. Eff.
    07-30-2010 05:16 PM
    BuddhistGiraffe and Raullungo

Great to hear you got your iphone 4's ... You are going to luv it ...

Have fun with your new gadget ..

Fresh1
    07-30-2010 05:32 PM
    Fresh - I would love to love it, but see, I can't goddamn activate it.
    07-30-2010 05:36 PM
    woohoo. Canada can now join in on complaining about the random reception and proximity issues!!

haha just kidding. Glad you finally got your precious. I enjoy my precious.
    07-30-2010 06:00 PM
    Nope. I ordered one from the app though, still can not get my iPhone to activate. Still waiting on the Rogers activation delays to end. Eff.
    What failing exactly, activating it though iTunes? Oh and whats the name of the bloody app to order the bumber i cannot find it. I surely hope you can activate you phone soon.
    07-30-2010 06:19 PM
    BuddhistGiraffe and Raullungo

Great to hear you got your iphone 4's ... You are going to luv it ...

Have fun with your new gadget ..

Fresh1
    Thanks mate, I am having a really good time playing with it. Purchased Hero of Sparta 2 and i looks really good.
    07-30-2010 06:22 PM
    Fresh - I would love to love it, but see, I can't goddamn activate it.
    Dam ... sorry to hear this ... Is it not working at all ?? or have you went through the activation process and are waiting for it to activate??

I know in the past it took a few hours for my iphone to actually activate( after i went through activation process )..

Hope you get it working fast ...

Fresh1
    07-30-2010 07:19 PM
    What failing exactly, activating it though iTunes? Oh and whats the name of the bloody app to order the bumber i cannot find it. I surely hope you can activate you phone soon.
    Search the app store on your iphone for iphone 4 case program ....

Fresh1
    07-30-2010 07:23 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD