Canadian iPhone 4

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the issue is not actually getting the color right. Maybe it is an issue of the type of paint not meeting some safety spec or its too toxic for America but other countries allow it? Ya know like a lead based paint or something?

Or maybe it's radio active! Canadians beware. I have heard the Canada is not Jobs' favorite place!

If we did get the white 1s first it would be like a slap in you Americans faces not only could you have waited and crossed the border for your white phone but it would have been unlocked :p I would laugh not a mean mocking laugh just a funny giggle kind of laugh like Ha Ha(Nelson-like laugh) but we'll have to see cause the idea of canada being less lax with safety just don't sound right ie. the Mitsubishi Evo sold in US but not here.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Not to say that other counties are more lax or not. Just different. Some countries allow certain things while others don't. I was only speculating as to why apple has been having such a hard time with the white one.

If you do get the white one first, fantastic!!! I hope it is perfect. No hard feelings, eh?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Not to say that other counties are more lax or not. Just different. Some countries allow certain things while others don't. I was only speculating as to why apple has been having such a hard time with the white one.

If you do get the white one first, fantastic!!! I hope it is perfect. No hard feelings, eh?

Oh I understood what you were saying didn't take it in any way I was just countering to your ideas with what I thought too :D

OK some updates although take this how you will once you see the source. I went to a mall today had to ask about my iPad and travelling etc at the Apple store. Well I asked the sales rep about iPhone 4. He said believe it or not they had no information about pre-order, pricing, etc. I asked him if they atleast had gotten units in by now in anticipation for Friday? he said he couldn't tell me that but later he told me one that that answered that anyway. So there will be no pre-orders it's Monday and no one has changed their site to offer pre-orders. He did tell me there is no white iPhones, aha they do have units already LOL but if this is true I highly doubt anyone else will have white units if the Apple store doesn't. He asked me if I was getting the phone and I said well if there was pre-orders I was getting a fully unlocked phone but without pre-order I don't want to stand in line for nothing. He told me that if I arrive at the mall by 6AM or earlier I WOULD be leaving with a phone. I don't know how he was so sure, without pre-orders I'm not even that sure but he seemed very confident so I guess I'll try my luck. I'll tweet when I'm there and if any TiPbers are there come chat. I'll update this on Friday with a :) or a :mad: LOL

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Oh I understood what you were saying didn't take it in any way I was just countering to your ideas with what I thought too :D

OK some updates although take this how you will once you see the source. I went to a mall today had to ask about my iPad and travelling etc at the Apple store. Well I asked the sales rep about iPhone 4. He said believe it or not they had no information about pre-order, pricing, etc. I asked him if they atleast had gotten units in by now in anticipation for Friday? he said he couldn't tell me that but later he told me one that that answered that anyway. So there will be no pre-orders it's Monday and no one has changed their site to offer pre-orders. He did tell me there is no white iPhones, aha they do have units already LOL but if this is true I highly doubt anyone else will have white units if the Apple store doesn't. He asked me if I was getting the phone and I said well if there was pre-orders I was getting a fully unlocked phone but without pre-order I don't want to stand in line for nothing. He told me that if I arrive at the mall by 6AM or earlier I WOULD be leaving with a phone. I don't know how he was so sure, without pre-orders I'm not even that sure but he seemed very confident so I guess I'll try my luck. I'll tweet when I'm there and if any TiPbers are there come chat. I'll update this on Friday with a :) or a :mad: LOL

Hope it all works out for you buddy .... I know you cant wait ..

Fresh1

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

Are you talking about the Eaton Centre? At this point I agree with you, I don't think there will be no pre-orders, so I am ready for the line. Thanks for the info by the way!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL eaton center oh no *looks around* yeah :DI'm gonna try to get there as early as I can LOL thanks fresh1 I def can't wait I leave for portugal the sunday and def want to carry it and try out the camera and HD vid there.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Prices are out

16GB iPhone 4 Unlocked $659 and 32GB unlocked $779 so which are you getting now? I was planning to get 16GB like my current 3G and my iPad but I was planning to spend up to $800 so looks like I'll be getting the 32GB :D

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I am going for the 16gb. I have the 32gb 3GS and I never used more than a third of the available space. I guess I still have a couple of days to take the decision.
Man, I can't believe Apple hasn't even updated their webpage, I wish there was more information about the launch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but don't forget now you'll be able to do HD video and the still camera is better. You gonna sell your 3Gs? cause you'll more than make up the difference. Is there a Fido store in Eaton Center? cause right after I'll need to get the microSIM.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, there is a Fido Store almost below the Apple Store on the lowest level right at the food court so it will be a short trip for you. I will have to do the same thing but with (bloody) Rogers, I hope they are available because I would like to use the phone right away otherwise I will be too tempted to bring a knife over my current chip. And you are right about the HD camera, I am sure that those videos are going to be HEAVY, so maybe is will be better to go with 32GB...

Last edited:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
This is perfect. I am going to the Fairview Mall, the Rogers Store is literally right beside the Apple store. Just called the Apple Store, they are opening at 7, so I will leave my house around 6, head over to the mall, grab a phone, grab a SIM and be out. Yay.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
This is perfect. I am going to the Fairview Mall, the Rogers Store is literally right beside the Apple store. Just called the Apple Store, they are opening at 7, so I will leave my house around 6, head over to the mall, grab a phone, grab a SIM and be out. Yay.

Opening at 7 eh? Sound really good, I hope thats the case for all Apple stores. Best buy is opening at 10am! Lazy MFs! Lucky for me I am not buying it there. Anyway, something tells me that you should try to aim to be there a bit earlier if you can, but good luck and I hope you get your hand on one.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Apple stores usually open at 7am on launch day. I would like to get to Eaton Center at about 5 but unfortunately the earliest I can be there is 6:30 so hopefully not many people will buy the 32GB. Yeah Rogers has the microSIM now I'm going to Fido tomorrow to get mine so I wont have to wait again on Friday. It's $10 though I wonder if Apple will give microSIMs with the phone like they did with the iPad cause then it would be free???

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Yeah Apple stores usually open at 7am on launch day. I would like to get to Eaton Center at about 5 but unfortunately the earliest I can be there is 6:30 so hopefully not many people will buy the 32GB. Yeah Rogers has the microSIM now I'm going to Fido tomorrow to get mine so I wont have to wait again on Friday. It's $10 though I wonder if Apple will give microSIMs with the phone like they did with the iPad cause then it would be free???

Odds are they will be giving them away free. But to avoid the hassle, I too will be visiting Rogers Thursday to pick up a micro-sim.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking that too but don't want to chance it. I wonder if I could get the microSIM from Fido then if I get it from Apple return the Fido one. I just think it's stupid to pay $10 for something you could get for free what do you guys think?

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking that too but don't want to chance it. I wonder if I could get the microSIM from Fido then if I get it from Apple return the Fido one. I just think it's stupid to pay $10 for something you could get for free what do you guys think?

It does sound tricky man. If you buy the MicroSIM today you of course will probably activate it with your number so you can use it and I don't know if they will let you return it after that. I am in the exactly same boat. I think I will risk the 10 bucks because I don't want to risk the bloody MicroSIM being sold out. Imagine how stupid would that be, being able to get the iPhone 4 but then having to wait a week for a MicroSIM to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2