Sending emails from apps

drensin

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4, iOS4.
Sending email works fine from the Mail app. (Pop3) But when sending from, say, the NY Times app -- or any other that allows one to send a link -- I've had a little problem. When I choose "email" (the link) the email form pops up, I fill it in, press send, and return to my original app. But instead of sending, the email goes into the Mail app Outbox. I have to actually open Mail and choose that email and press send again. (Also, even if I delete my standard default Bcc:, because I don't need a copy, the Bcc: will be filled in again when I open the email in the Mail Outbox. I checked various settings but ...?

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Last edited:

drensin

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
problem solved

Thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't the problem. Turns out (hope I can make this make sense): I have two mail accounts for the same email. One uses my home network as the smtp server. The other uses my email provider. The second set up had the problem, but I was using it because my bcc:'s weren't getting stuck in a suspect email box. However it caused emails sent from apps to park in the Mail outbox until I got there and resent. Using the set up with my home network (via my cable provider) does everything correctly, except for the the bcc:'s which get waylaid. Six of one, half dozen of the other. But problem solved. I had set this up this way because on the 3G when I wasn't near my network then emails got hung up because it never automatically went to the next option (att network) ... that seems to work now with iOS4.

oh -- and of course I only had one of the email setups active at a time.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm, this is a weird issue. i know wherever & whenever I send an email from on my iPhone, (and I have multiple email accounts) I can choose which to send from. I assume your issue is solved(says so above). If not, i'll help you troubleshoot still

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods