Concerned Canadian

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
So. I am a little worried here. So after the announcement I called my local apple store to see if they were doing any kind of pre-order or anything and they said no because the date has not even been confirmed for the 30th. They said they were aware that they said the 30th during the conference but it was yet to be confirmed. I am hoping it doesn't slip. But apple has yet to even update there website since a week ago and there is no mention of a July 30th release anywhere. Any insights on the matter?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry. At this time, all must be confirmed by Apple. You should know how Apple keeps things close to the chest. Hell most people, even some top executives, hadn't even seen the anechoic chambers at their own building.

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Some guy in the iPhoneinCanada forum posted a Bell Store has already received a shipment of 25 iPhone 4's. So maybe no delay.
Of course, that's if you believe what some guy on a forum is reporting. :p

sblocker

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
bell telus and virgin have all confirmed publicly that the iphone 4 is coming on july 30th and rogers and fido sent out a memo saying the same thing to the employees

Last edited:

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well that's good then. But I am still going unlocked. It's the only way to go if you have the option in my opinion.

If you call Rogers, you can hear a recording saying that the iPhone 4 is coming on July 30th. I agree with you, I am also buying it unlocked directly from the Apple store. I hope they are available that same day. I just don't know if there is going to be any kind of preorder, maybe is too late for that since the (maybe) launch day is a week away.

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
If you call Rogers, you can hear a recording saying that the iPhone 4 is coming on July 30th. I agree with you, I am also buying it unlocked directly from the Apple store. I hope they are available that same day. I just don't know if there is going to be any kind of preorder, maybe is too late for that since the (maybe) launch day is a week away.

This is just a feeling I have, but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple doesn't already have or will be getting in the next couple of days a bunch of stock in Canada or the U.S.
What this would meen, is that the online Apple store could put the phones up for sale on Wednesday and they would still be shipped in time for Friday.
I know Apple says they are selling iPhones as fast as they can make them, but at some point for the International launch they would have to hold some back.
So even though no real pre-order, I think a couple of days before launch we'll see the phones go up for sale online.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So. I am a little worried here. So after the announcement I called my local apple store to see if they were doing any kind of pre-order or anything and they said no because the date has not even been confirmed for the 30th. They said they were aware that they said the 30th during the conference but it was yet to be confirmed. I am hoping it doesn't slip. But apple has yet to even update there website since a week ago and there is no mention of a July 30th release anywhere. Any insights on the matter?

If Mr Jobs said the 30th, its coming.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
True about the preorder type sale ahead of time and ship on the Friday. That would make my day. And I have yet to call Rogers since last week so I'll listen to the recording tonight.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm also getting it unlocked so I'm hoping there will be a preorder because otherwise it will be all hell similar to the G20. I keep checking to see what are the pre-order options and shipping options. I'm leaving that Sunday and I really want it before I leave because I'll be gone for three weeks. Jobs wouldn't say July 30th and it not happen since it was only two weeks when he made the anouncement he would look like an idiot.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm also getting it unlocked so I'm hoping there will be a preorder because otherwise it will be all hell similar to the G20.

Oh man, I remember that mess. Thats what I want to avoid precisely. Even when the Apple store is 4 block away from my place I would very much like avoiding going there at 4am or something crazy like that. I prefer the preorder for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro