Called Apple about my Proximity sensor.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I played stupid and acted like I didn't know anything was going on. They proceeded to set me up an appointment at the Genius Bar, telling me this is a slight problem with a few phones and that they'll replace my phone.

Hopefully, that'll work. Watch some work fine, no troubles, an then mine which does it on every call. Thought I'd let you know my every apple involved moment.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I called them yesterday about it just to add another report to their system about it. I acted dumb as well and the apple expert basically said that it wasn't a question of the proximity sensor not working it was more of an inconvenience for me and he basically said I was just holding it wrong when I put it to my head what the ****?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Mine had prox issues intermittently...but got a replacement within minutes with zero hassle at the Apple store. I was impressed!

hopper

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was told at the Genius Bar that there is a software update coming, but I explained that the problem with my phone was so egregious that I could not wait. They promply replaced my phone. My first Genius experience was an A+

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I called them yesterday about it just to add another report to their system about it. I acted dumb as well and the apple expert basically said that it wasn't a question of the proximity sensor not working it was more of an inconvenience for me and he basically said I was just holding it wrong when I put it to my head what the ****?

I also have trouble with it. When I went to the Apple Genius bar, they pretty much told me I was hold it wrong as well and when holding it to my shoulder, its the way "the phone is tilted". haha what?

I have heard they are working on software issues for it. I'm just hoping it comes out before my 30 days is up so I can exchange it if the software fix doesn't work.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I also have trouble with it. When I went to the Apple Genius bar, they pretty much told me I was hold it wrong as well and when holding it to my shoulder, its the way "the phone is tilted". haha what?

I have heard they are working on software issues for it. I'm just hoping it comes out before my 30 days is up so I can exchange it if the software fix doesn't work.

The guy I talked to over the phone didn't even mention anything about the software fix. I just hope it works if it doesn't I will be visiting a genius bar to get mine replaced. Which I don't want to do by the way. The battery life in my particular iphone 4 is insane, I just can't kill the battery even with what I think is heavy use. I haven't been under 50% since I got my phone :p

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@solius
Guy on the phone didn't mention an update either. He said it was a silly problem that some were having and can be fixed by an easy replacement.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
@solius
Guy on the phone didn't mention an update either. He said it was a silly problem that some were having and can be fixed by an easy replacement.

yeah gist of my conversation as well just said if it got worse or i kept having the problem I could call and get it replaced. I'll wait on the software update and hopefully it will fix our problems with the proximity sensor.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah gist of my conversation as well just said if it got worse or i kept having the problem I could call and get it replaced. I'll wait on the software update and hopefully it will fix our problems with the proximity sensor.

I can't help but wonder how many people have had theirs replaced and are still having trouble with it. Thats the only reason I haven't completely returned mine yet. Has anyone (or know someone) returned theirs and STILL have troubles?

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
AT the Apple store, guy tried to tell me that he couldn't swap because Steve Jobs said he was releasing an update.. when really he said there might be an update. SAid EVERY phone is doing it, and which is complete BS. I know plenty of people without any proximity issues.

Corrected him numerous times. Claimed his phone is doing it too. (personally dont care). Said he'll take it back to do a diagnostics on it. After about two minutes he came back, said he is doing a hardware swap.

I'm assuming they were told some BS to tell customers. Because I asked him if me even making the Genius appt was completely pointless. He said no and then spouted some stuff that sounded like a spiel.

But, at the moment he's changing the hardware. I don't know. He got me pretty heated, tried to tell me I was wrong. Which I know I'm not.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Quick update.. brought me a brand new phone. Hopefully no proximity sensor problems. I'll update when I make some calls.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick update.. brought me a brand new phone. Hopefully no proximity sensor problems. I'll update when I make some calls.

Please let us know how it goes. I'd love to exchange mine, but I'm scared I'll get something worse than I have now, which isn't all that bad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices