Are these replacements coming from the OEM box or is it one of the "new" phones in the white boxes
    They will replace first with an OEM if they have one, otherwise a new in box device, if they have any not already set aside for a pre-order. My local store didn't have any left of either type and so we have to wait a few days.
    07-23-2010 03:57 PM
    i called apple and told them of my issues with the proximity sensor and BT and they sent me a new phone. Can't say whether either issue has been resolved at this point, but i was happy that they were willing to work with me.
    07-23-2010 05:14 PM
    You guys stop complaining you're using up all the stock for Canada
    07-23-2010 05:37 PM
    They upgraded your handset. Free?
    I don't know. I didn't feel right about it. I took it back today. Exchanged it for a 16GB. Damn Morals. It was a mistake I'm sure.
    07-23-2010 07:14 PM
    I don't know. I didn't feel right about it. I took it back today. Exchanged it for a 16GB. Damn Morals. It was a mistake I'm sure.
    If this was Howardforums, there would be 100+ replies to your original post congratulating you on the deal, and asking you how you pulled it off so they could do the same and screw Apple out of a phone...seriously.

There is never a wrong time to do the right thing. You can quote me.

You did the right thing...seriously.
    07-23-2010 07:27 PM
    Good on ya, OKCChuck. +1000 karma points for you!
    07-23-2010 07:28 PM
    It's funny because I seem to only have the proximity issue when I hold the phone with my shoulder. The rest of the time it works fine. I'm debating whether to replace it or wait to see if the software update fixes it.
    Yeah, when its tilted its on my shoulder. I'm just hoping the software fix comes out before my 30 days is up.

And that is the only issue I have with my iPhone. I just can't do things with 2 hands while I'm talking on the phone!!
    07-23-2010 07:36 PM
    If this was Howardforums, there would be 100+ replies to your original post congratulating you on the deal, and asking you how you pulled it off so they could do the same and screw Apple out of a phone...seriously.

There is never a wrong time to do the right thing. You can quote me.

You did the right thing...seriously.
    Thanks. I just don't think it's right, how ever big a company can be, to technically, steal a product. As a teacher, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't return the product.
    07-23-2010 07:50 PM
    Oh, and I haven't really had any proximity issues with it yet. :crosses fingers:
    07-23-2010 07:50 PM
    damn i hope i can replace mine when i get back in august-ish. my proximity sensor seemed fine till i left and was talking to my wife and i hung up on her or put her on hold numerous times in one day.
    07-23-2010 08:31 PM
    damn i hope i can replace mine when i get back in august-ish. my proximity sensor seemed fine till i left and was talking to my wife and i hung up on her or put her on hold numerous times in one day.
    they dont notice most of the time when they're talking anyway lol!
    07-23-2010 08:48 PM
    they dont notice most of the time when they're talking anyway lol!
    Mine seems to be getting worse with age. At first I just noticed the backlight flicking on during a call. Later the buttons were being activated. I have muted, dialed, opened the apps (don't know my cheek has such dexterity). Very annoying. Now I have a Bluetooth issue - when I try to turn BT on to connect to a headset, the paired device list isn't display, it just spins and spins. I can't turn it off unless I reboot.
    07-27-2010 11:43 AM
    I think my beard helps alleviate the proximity sensor issue. I still have the issue, just not as much. Then again, I just hit the home button after I connect a call.
    07-27-2010 11:47 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD