I know it was stated July 30 for white iPhones shipping

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought Steve said the white iPhones "would be available at the end of the month." I didn't hear an exact date. You will probably be able to order them at the end of the month and they'll ship in August. My guess.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
MacRumors reported yesterday that the problem is with the paint mixture... it doesn't state if this is an additional delay beyond what Jobs reported in his antennagate press conference or if this is simply an explanation of why the white iPhones were delayed at all. It looks like it may just be an explanation for the original delay, but one never knows for sure, unless Jobs and company specifically tells us.

White iPhone 4 Delays Due to Glass Painting Issues? - Mac Rumors

For those of you waiting for the white iPhone, I hope it's NOT an additional delay.

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
For those who prefer the white iPhone, what makes you prefer white?

I prefer the white because i like the way it looks in the case a black bumper around a white iphone is hot, i love incase sliders so Im also hoping the sliders come out around the time the white version of the phone comes out

Steve.Tate

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
For those of us with black phones that got them on release day, is today or tomorrow the last day you can return them? I was thinking about trading my black in for a white, but if the white doesn't come out before the 30 days... ugh... what to do...

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
For those of us with black phones that got them on release day, is today or tomorrow the last day you can return them? I was thinking about trading my black in for a white, but if the white doesn't come out before the 30 days... ugh... what to do...

That depends on where you got it: if from Apple, you have 30 days from the date that you received it. If from AT&T, it depends on who you talk to, and then you can't depend on what they tell you, and they may not give you the upgrade price on the replacement, and they might refuse to let you keep your unlimited plan after assuring you that you could. Sorry, I'm a little bitter right now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That depends on where you got it: if from Apple, you have 30 days from the date that you received it. If from AT&T, it depends on who you talk to, and then you can't depend on what they tell you, and they may not give you the upgrade price on the replacement, and they might refuse to let you keep your unlimited plan after assuring you that you could. Sorry, I'm a little bitter right now.

If you exchange the black iPhone for a white one, you can keep your unlimited data plan. If you return the iPhone at AT&T and then go try to buy the replacement at the Apple Store, you have lost your unlimited data plan for good.

Steve.Tate

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to exchange my black for a white before the 30 days, but how can I do that when my 30 days is over either tomorrow or the next day, but the white phone doesn't come out till next week? :)

I think this is all part of some master plan by Apple and ATT to try to get more users off the unlimited data plan!!! Bastards!!! :)

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to exchange my black for a white before the 30 days, but how can I do that when my 30 days is over either tomorrow or the next day, but the white phone doesn't come out till next week? :)

I think this is all part of some master plan by Apple and ATT to try to get more users off the unlimited data plan!!! Bastards!!! :)

I'm pretty sure Apple didn't release the white one for this very reason. They knew people would try and return their black one for the white. That would have been too much hassle. You should have known better, if you wanted the white that bad you should have just waited and let someone else that WANTED the black one get it.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site

A friend of mine bought an iPhone 4 at the Chicago store yesterday and was told she could not exchange it for a white one when they come in. She was told she'd have to return the black within 30 days and then buy white if that's what she wanted to have. Same end result but a little more convoluted than a straight exchange.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine bought an iPhone 4 at the Chicago store yesterday and was told she could not exchange it for a white one when they come in. She was told she'd have to return the black within 30 days and then buy white if that's what she wanted to have. Same end result but a little more convoluted than a straight exchange.

... and an opportunity to lose your unlimited data plan ...

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My buddy returned his 4 to Best Buy yesterday in hopes of picking up a White 4. He called AT&T to confirm if he will still be eligible for an upgrade when he returns his phone. They told him within 72 hours of returning the phone, his account will show eligibility for upgrade. Within 12 hours of returning the iPhone 4 his account was back to upgrade status.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW